Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Unread post by savvypaul » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:49 pm

PM sent
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2/ Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Metrum dac / UR Simply Italy /NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:42 pm
So far only the usual snide comments about me are from Hucker and Jammy, but for all to see is that Hucker is allowed to have an image of me as his avatar and "Richard Dunn Image" written above it. This is against the forum rules, against their forum software company rules, against the new on line bullying rules, against every known piece of decency. Piss taking photos occasionally are fun, yes, but a constant avatar of a another individual, especially as that person is banned and has no way to redress this APART FROM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that it is allowed shows the agenda of the admin and one of the main purposes of the forum. And you members from here are supporting this behaviour by supporting them with membership and active posting - thanks!.
The more you rail against this form of abuse the longer they will keep it up.

ADMIN EDIT - if all you wish to do is break our ad hominem rules by giving advice, then don't. Opinion is fine but personal advice is not. The above is opinion, it should have been left at that.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Well you try having the level of abuse thrown at you as I have. Many time I throw abuse back, but I never break our rules or the law, and many times I ignore it, but illegal bullying should not be ignored BY ANYONE!!

joe
Great Britain

Unread post by joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:51 pm

If it's illegal, surely it's best to report it to the appropriate authorities (whether that's the hosting company or the police)?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Go ahead then. "*If* it is illegal you say", do you challenge the illegality, you should go and read the law, then decide. It is a long process and better to shame people into doing it.

As DQ says, a written law is a law but it is not a real law until tested in the courts, as with the libel laws, it is a can of worms, as with them what constitutes libel and with this what constitutes bullying. In this case it breaks another aspect of the law, pretending to be another individual, again is he doing this, again interpretation.

What ever, but it would not be allowed here. We use many piss take photos here, it is part of the fun and should be taken as that, this goes beyond it. At snakeoil it was impossible to stop it, when ever they felt threatened (like now) they hide and make the forum private. This is different.

Also you need to read what this forum is for, there seems little point in you being here if you don't even understand what we exist for. I quote......

I also want this forum room to be a standard bearer for those who believe they have been harmed or conned by a business or a forum or forum member. You can always make your case here but please try to be factual and not just bitter, though emotion can obviously be expressed.

There is a need for this room as all the other forums operate a cartel of silence where it is written into their rules that no other forums or forum members can be discussed, under this censorship rule a whole span of nastiness has been hidden. So bring it here we will shine a light on it, we don't have large membership but we have a large readership.

https://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewto ... =6&t=45189

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:16 pm

The avatar has been removed.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2/ Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Metrum dac / UR Simply Italy /NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:25 pm

It has happened before and it just comes back.

If it is gone for good then it shows the value of this forum room.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:33 pm

It has been replaced by a picture of another of our members. I told you he won't give up. We have seen his character exposed on hi-fi forums for nearly 20 years, like Marco do you think it is going to change now. He is a disease / bacteria, it needs a strong antibiotic or bleach to be rid of him.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:36 pm

No, I don't think Rudi will change.

It is how he is dealt with that is of interest.

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:46 pm

You cant have nva all that it stands for without the detractors. You cant be as vocal as you without equally vociferous opposition.

How you deal with this opposition is up to you. However you need to ask yourself if is having the consequence you want.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS