Movie/series wot Blind Chile just watched

Forum for all multichannel discussions (SACD, AV etc) and Movie discussions.
Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Has thanked: 0
Canada

Re: Movie/series wot Blind Chile just watched

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

A DARK SONG

Get off on summoning demon & angel, Jimmehs.

Canada

THE DARK TOWER

Mr Quackers

Unread post by Mr Quackers »

Have you seen The Terror of Dr Chaney AKA Massacre Mansion? Starring Voyage to the bottom of the sea Admiral Nelson.

Mr Quackers

Unread post by Mr Quackers »

Blind Chile obviously never wotched said film - obviously too obscure for his tastes.....🤣

Canada

Mr. Jimmeh-Quack:

"Soporific" is the word that comes to mind.

Canada

T2 TRAINSPOTTING (Scotland, 2017)

Rentboy's ramble:

" Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

We took morphine, diamorphine, cyclizine, codeine, temazepam, nitrazepam, phenobarbitone, sodium amytal, dextropropoxyphene, methadone, nalbuphine, pethidine, pentazocine, buprenorphine, dextromoramide, chlormethiazole. The streets are awash with drugs you can have for unhappiness and pain, and we took them all. Fuck it, we would have injected vitamin C if only they'd made it illegal.

game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die.

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!"

Canada

JAMAICA INN (2017, UK)

Nothing to do with Jamaica. Takes place in Cornwall.
From du Maurier novel.
Suck Sammy off, okay audiofool?

Canada

THE COMMUTER (2017)
This was good

Canada

A QUIET PLACE (2018, US)

You would think they would never consider putting this to film: basically the whole movie is silent .

Because....(apparently - again it is not explained!) only few people left on the face of the earth and they are scared shitless to make any noise cos predator monsters (aliens maybe - fucking nothing is explained) have incredible hearing.

Family are surviving on a farm. They go about bare-footed, talk only in sign-language and even the pieces on the family Monopoly board are made of sponge or scraps of fabric. (However I noticed that the main source of noise - the Monopoly set of dice - were real. Perhaps they throw the dice onto a sponge pad.)

The monsters are blind. This leads one to ask oneself, "So then why was the human race unable to eradicate them? Especially when, at the end of the movie, the mother kills one with a single shot to the head."

Daddy has all sorts of oscillators and electrical gizmos in the farmhouse basement, so apparently he was some sort of scientist. He is trying to figure out a radio frequency which will disrupt the monsters' accenuated hearing - and maybe blow off their heads in the process. However daddy gets eaten. The little girl , who has never been in the basement, gets chased down there and cornered by a monster. Then she looks at dad's paraphernalia and ON THE SPUR OF THE MOMENT has figured out the radio frequency, amplified it (you mean there is sign-language for the word, "amplifier"?) and broadcast it. Thus killing the monster.

But - surprize ending! - the signal has attracted far away monsters who are now making their way to the source...to eat the family. End.

No I ask you: fuck me in the ass with a stick.

joe

Unread post by joe »

Mississippi Blind Child Assburn wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:26 pm T2 TRAINSPOTTING (Scotland, 2017)

Rentboy's ramble:

" Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

We took morphine, diamorphine, cyclizine, codeine, temazepam, nitrazepam, phenobarbitone, sodium amytal, dextropropoxyphene, methadone, nalbuphine, pethidine, pentazocine, buprenorphine, dextromoramide, chlormethiazole. The streets are awash with drugs you can have for unhappiness and pain, and we took them all. Fuck it, we would have injected vitamin C if only they'd made it illegal.

game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die.

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!"
That's an excellent rant, topped only by Johnny's rants in Mike Leigh's 'Naked':

“Louise: "How did you get here?"
Johnny: "Well, basically, there was this little dot, right? And the dot went bang and the bang expanded. Energy formed into matter, matter cooled, matter lived, the amoeba to fish, to fish to fowl, to fowl to frog, to frog to mammal, the mammal to monkey, to monkey to man, amo amas amat, quid pro quo, memento mori, ad infinitum, sprinkle on a little bit of grated cheese and leave under the grill till Doomsday."

“Was I bored? No, I wasn't fuckin' bored. I'm never bored. That's the trouble with everybody – you're all so bored. You've 'ad nature explained to you, and you're bored with it. You've 'ad the living body explained to you, and you're bored with it. You've 'ad the universe explained to you, and you're bored with it. So now you just want cheap thrills and like plenty of 'em, and it dun matter 'ow tawdry or vacuous they are as long as it's new, as long as it's new, as long as it flashes and fucking bleeps in forty different colours.”