Grounding Boxes

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Grounding Boxes

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Does anyone know what they do or are supposed to do ?

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Aside from making lot of dosh for the manufacturer/distributor/dealer, I haven't got a clue Doc.

Maybe there's a foo clue here?.....

https://www.russandrews.com/system-grounding/

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Alfi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:26 pm Aside from making lot of dosh for the manufacturer/distributor/dealer, I haven't got a clue Doc.

Maybe there's a foo clue here?.....

https://www.russandrews.com/system-grounding/

Alfi.
The removal of RF has become a big marketing thing.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I will copy it here so anyone with any tech knowledge can comment. I have never known Russ Andrews (as an individual and company) to say anything but slurp motivate :Bllocks: so you can guess what I think about this. The PDF is worth reading just to observe a conman in action.

"About Our Grounding Products
We have developed a unique range of grounding products which offer an excellent way of removing sound-degrading RF (radio frequency) energy from your system. They work by offering an easy path to ground for RF noise that is both on the mains earth and in the form of 'casework RF energy'.

In our experience, RF grounding gives a substantial improvement in the sound, with cleaner, deeper bass and a more stable soundstage. Russ has produced straightforward instructions guiding you through the process: click the cover image to download our PDF guide."

People who sell these things are a DISGRACE to our industry and hobby. You can tell the bullshitters, they never talk about music, it is all hi-fi speak. There is no reality in this apart from the slurp made by everyone INCLUDING THE RETAILERS in the selling chain. Don't believe any of them do not trust any of them, they just want your money, nothing else.

All I can tell you is because we float (some will know what I mean) as we are ClassII construction with acrylic case, we cannot even have the minute possibility of there being any benefit.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Russ's description of hi-fi type improvements is cut and paste for every new product he has ever launched. Each one 'improves' bass. If you added them all I imagine there should be enough bass energy to bring your house down.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

When he had his original shop in Glasgow he and Ivor were great mates until they realised neither was listening to the other, both only interested in their own voices - a pair of giant EGOs. Put the two of them and Marco locked in a small room and see which one was alive after a week, my vote would be for Ivor.

Though Marco might produce so much stink and shit the others would commit suicide :angry-screaming:

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

As with all scams there is an element of truth in there. The higher the resistance to earth the more noise, quite correct, in a balanced system. Unfortunately for the seller/manufacturer most domestic systems aren't balanced and we don't actually need anything connected to Earth (Ground) potential (NVA with Class 11 for example). Equally, all the noise on the mains won't find its way to ground unless there is something between live and earth, say a surge protector, why anyone with the first idea about power supply principles would fall for the sales pitch I can't imagine. You only have to read it with some intelligence to see what tripe it really is.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I know it's pretty pictures, but try this -

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru ... ments.476/

In this case, the box which comes with but one 'wire' appears to add noise to the test setup. So it's certainly doing 'something.'
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The people promoting these like the Vicar and his dog are either part of the scam or victims of the scam. Note how it the same people who fell for the other scams like spaghetti / ravioli and £120 mains fuses. In the Vicars case I don't know how he can tell what is doing what, it is now just a Coherent spam system for the sake of the rest of the forum.

alfer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by alfer »

There are certain forum members who have their worlds changed by the slightest hint of possible improvement. Macca on AoS is trying to bring some sanity to the ‘hearers’ of these boxes. Well done Macca
AtoZ