Turntable s

All general audio posts go here.
Theo
Great Britain

Re: Turntable s

Unread post by Theo »

All you need is a well-secure wall shelf. Batten the back wall for additional stability if you need to, but it's still the best way of dealing with both vibrational and air-borne issues:

Imagefullsizeoutput_2885 by call_me_theo, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_288c by call_me_theo, on Flickr
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Latteman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:51 pm I’ve recently looked at the current range of rega wall supports and believe they would fit other brands but as usual are over priced- I cut up an old sound organisation tube steel table and bolted it to the wall- love recycling
It's doubled in price in twenty years. £99 retail is minimum £65 to the dealer (they make little on Rega products and it'd be nearer £70). Take away shipping costs and box and the fact I don't believe Rega make it themselves... Not hideous money I feel for a retail product not made in China for pennies...

Rip off on add-ons to me are the Tontrager speaker stands in Germany. A squarish base with a black painted thin wood space-frame stand on top, lovingly planed and painted and a loving spiel about the hand crafted nature for a thousand Euro's. A must for discerning German audiophiles and the sheeple defend them to the end at this price, which adds cachet to the brand.

https://www.tontraeger-audio.com/lang/en/

My downstairs speaker stands are a pair of oak lamp tables custom made to size-fit the speakers for seventy five quid or so.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman »

They do look pretty
I try to diy or as they say today- recycle.
My stands are acmetal tube from an old sun shade with the base shaped from a combination of a ‘rehab slide board’ & kids school desk.
I always bought floor standers as I was too tight to pay for additional stands for bookshelf type
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

WAF is simply a fact of life for most and, to be fair to my better half, I myself like things to look nice in my living space and why not.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

WAF is only about speakers, is a term employed by speaker company designers for multi small driver thin cabinets. Wife acceptance in anything else is just that, they should not be confused.

keepitsimplestupid
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid »

My deck sits on a slab of wooden worktop, the double sink cut out in fact, 40mm thick iroko and that sits on a 20" inner tube, which is recessed into the underside of the iroko lump. All inflated to act as a low frequency spring. cheap as chips, but a bugger to level

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman »

keepitsimplestupid wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:10 pm My deck sits on a slab of wooden worktop, the double sink cut out in fact, 40mm thick iroko and that sits on a 20" inner tube, which is recessed into the underside of the iroko lump. All inflated to act as a low frequency spring. cheap as chips, but a bugger to level
Have used an inner tube too, got the idea from the mega pricy Townsend air support- I forget it’s name
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources