New Brexit Poll

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: New Brexit Poll

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You forget we gave everything to save Europe in 2 world wars and it bankrupted us, with help from US interest rates and repayments on war loans, when after the war you got money from them FOR NOTHING!!

So what ever we robbed the world of now is in European regeneration by giving it to the US and they passed it to you. Where the hell do you think the European regeneration came from - the fairies. There is a lot of re-writing of history going on, but somewhere in the future we hope reality will return with recognition that we saved your bloody arses.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

AND if you followed us again by changing the EU back to the EEC we would save your arses again, because you are heading for a hard arse fall as can be seen for example by the politics in Austria.

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

You forget we gave everything to save Europe in 2 world wars and it bankrupted us
Not sure the first one was about saving Europe as it was self interest. The second was self defense that could only be carried out by "saving" Europe. And I think the Russians might justifiably have a view about their part in the second one as well.

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 »

And to add to that the British were not the only European Nation robbing the rest of the world I think history shows the Dutch, Spanish, French, Portuguese all had a go too oh! and before that the Romans were no angels either, so no need to just tar the Brits.
Analogue
401 / PU7 / AT33ev
Longdog Audio Quartz Garrard PSU.
Longdog Audio Phono stage (MCj1)
Digital
NVA BMU.
Innuos Zen / Caiman Seg and Dorado
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Tron Seven Linestage.
Bel Canto Set 40, or LDA 300B Set Monoblocks
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Tannoy ST100 Supertweeters

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Agreed Nick. It is always self interest which is why the EU concept is so bonkers, no matter what happens Germany controls Europe whether they want it or not. I am half German yet I don't want to be controlled by a bunch of hubris rich knob heads in Brussels relying on and using the self denial and contradiction that is German politics. There is still a strong self effacing in German modern culture that has replaced the superiority complex that happened after Germany's creation, mainly from the Prussians. So I don't see it as deliberate, it is happening because it is the nature of the beast, the manifestation of the Protestant Ethic.

Simply we are better out of it. I want Europe as friends and trading partners I don't want to be European, maybe in time, but it is being forced on people and people are reacting.

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 »

Britain and its commonwealth supporters had to borrow 120 Billion dollars to fund the freedom Europe currently enjoys. The British taxpayer took until 1961 to repay this debt, the EU should be reminded of this fact as often as possible.
Analogue
401 / PU7 / AT33ev
Longdog Audio Quartz Garrard PSU.
Longdog Audio Phono stage (MCj1)
Digital
NVA BMU.
Innuos Zen / Caiman Seg and Dorado
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Tron Seven Linestage.
Bel Canto Set 40, or LDA 300B Set Monoblocks
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Tannoy ST100 Supertweeters

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist »

I wrote a novel, but deleted it. What’s the point?
We haven’t got any money from the Marshall-plan if you referred to it. We got the russians for 40 years, and it wasn’t a fairy tale.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

It would be a good move to let the 1.2 million British citizens living in other EU countries have a vote in any second referendum - seeing as many of us weren't allowed to have any say about our own future in the first.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

In a competitive global economy where nearly half the trade the UK does is with the EU, the concept of Brexit is folly. Brexit is economic insanity with little prospect of positive benefits for the UK. The bottom line is that the vast majority of normal British people don’t know how the EU works - and that was exploited by the like of Banks and Farage. Just like the crash in 2008, the only winners from Brexit will be the monied elite (and nationalistic agitators). It’s a f*cking shame for the UK after 40 years and the young people’s future.

It’s also easier to blame the foriegners if your life is not great. History is full of that.
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

It's not about not trading with Europe but about Sovereignty and controlling our own laws and taxes. Brexit doesn't mean having a barrier unless those Euro Knobs in Brussels want it. Even if they don't the way they are going that may be what they get. All statistics point to EU losing more than UK. All the focus has been on the Tory party and government rather than realising the problem is more the Eurocrats as far as making a deal is concerned. Perhaps more opposition MPs should be honest and put the country first if a compromise deal is reached. Most labour English and Welsh constituents outside London voted leave. Calling for a referendum because one campaign is alleged to have overspent by a biased and unfairly conducted process (which will be proved illegal if it comes to court) is gross stupidity or part of the establishment scheme to reverse matters and undermine democracy.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)