NVA Phono 2

All things NVA
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: NVA2

Unread post by Fretless »

The refusal to 'play fair' and give all units an equal chance is an obvious admission that they know that the NVA is better.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There is a thread about it and the P2 at TAS by Bigboy, worth watching to see if it turns into more FUD.

The stooooopidity about it is that up to about year ago they (members) could have borrowed one to find out for themselves, then the three blind mice banned loans apart from under the counter ones by Coherent = slurp slurp.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

They are just so afraid of you, Doc. It's almost a compliment.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Firebottle
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Firebottle »

Afraid, don't make me laugh. Doc is an engineer, I am an engineer, there is always going to be a certain competitiveness.

Now most of this 'banter' is just that, I get entertainment value from it as I'm sure do many others.

I accept that pigeonholing stages into SS or valve can be misleading, it is the ultimate performance that matters with terms like 'musicality' not conveying any meaningful impression to anyone.

This situation can't go on forever, so arrange a bake off, I don't have any objection to anyone being present, and I WILL attend.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The option has already been provided by Dave (MCRU) at the Yorkshire hi-fi club meet in Uddersfield in August.

Somethingfunny
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Somethingfunny »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:42 am Yet this was conveniently banned from happening by Marco, Macca, Fireybum, Bigboy and AoS in general = ludicrous partiality. If the Stoke bake off had been a properly organised event, and not held in what looked like a Victorian drill hall that needed a PA, and with not deliberately biased comparison of product stoooopidly separated into Solid State and Valve events, with food and drink in between = obvious manipulation.
"separated into Solid State and Valve events, with food and drink in between = obvious manipulation"

What maybe would have been wise, would be to have had a "Final"

The best SS v best Valve as the completion of the bakeoff.

I think it's wise to take a break between the morning and afternoon session to dispel listener fatigue. Hungry or Hangry Listeners are distracted.

From the comments, there was a lot of enthusiasm even if the room wasn't perfect from the job. I don't see obvious manipulation, I see a sensible catagoric idea to separate the build techniques. As I stated, the final bakeoff should have been the VAS v AQVOX, only then could it be classed as a complete result.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Fretless wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 am They are just so afraid of you, Doc. It's almost a compliment.
Fierybum and his fellow fat controller arse lickers have closed ranks, they don't want another Huddersfield.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Somethingfunny wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:48 am
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:42 am Yet this was conveniently banned from happening by Marco, Macca, Fireybum, Bigboy and AoS in general = ludicrous partiality. If the Stoke bake off had been a properly organised event, and not held in what looked like a Victorian drill hall that needed a PA, and with not deliberately biased comparison of product stoooopidly separated into Solid State and Valve events, with food and drink in between = obvious manipulation.
"separated into Solid State and Valve events, with food and drink in between = obvious manipulation"

I think it's wise to take a break between the morning and afternoon session to dispel listener fatigue. Hungry or Hangry Listeners are distracted.

From the comments, there was a lot of enthusiasm even if the room wasn't perfect from the job. I don't see obvious manipulation, I see a sensible catagoric idea to separate the build techniques. As I stated, the final bakeoff should have been the VAS v AQVOX, only then could it be classed as a complete result.
Music is music...separating out valve v solid state is a false and worthless premise, imo. Only the music is important. The only purpose in separating valve vs solid state is to suggest or reinforce a prejudice between them.

At the bake-offs I've organised, we usually compare 5-7 items over roughly the same number of hours, with a break for lunch and a fair bit of chatting along the way.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

By far the best way is to start with the lowest priced units, keep the winner in and move to the next, and then to the next etc, in the end you are left with a winner as such. Then having established excellence then value should be discussed with a couple of more comparisons to establish the best VFM. For some people only musical excellence matters but for most people VFM is the main aim.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Somethingfunny wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:48 am

I agree that no sign of manipulation. Just sounds and looks like an incompetently run and set up bake off in a completely unsuitable acoustic environment. Results are likely to be dubious.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)