Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I think most people are getting bored and pissed off with the subject - page views are much lower than the old thread.

Karnevil9
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Karnevil9 »

I cant stand Sport or Politics, im very bored

:grin:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

This is interesting and largely true - https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/u ... -1.3530989

I hate to say I told you so but the muddle is now established with the Irish Border at the centre of it, and everyone is using it to pursue their agendas.

The lines in this argument and debate are now so blurred that there needs to be a new mandate.

It needs a new vote with three options, and this can be done in Parliament after another general election when candidate state their preferred option.

1 Out means out, no feck arsing around, we are out.
2 Stay in this stuck in the middle fudge.
3 Stay in the EU as normal member.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

How the hell did we manage to trade and survive before we joined the Common Market? Note I stated Common Market - a protectionist club!

We fucked up commonwealth fellows, almost bankrupting them to joint this useless dictatorship which is clearly not fucking working for most of its members. Just remember the media do not fully report the truth of whats' happening in Europe let alone what's happening in the UK.

OUT, OUT, OUT asap
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

If it had remained simply a "common market" we'd still be happily in it.
Instead we got these self-serving bastards trying to construct some sort of federal superstate with them at the helm - they need cutting down to size!
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Alfi wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:59 am How the hell did we manage to trade and survive before we joined the Common Market? Note I stated Common Market - a protectionist club!

We fucked up commonwealth fellows, almost bankrupting them to joint this useless dictatorship which is clearly not fucking working for most of its members. Just remember the media do not fully report the truth of whats' happening in Europe let alone what's happening in the UK.

OUT, OUT, OUT asap
we didn't . firstly we lived of the common wealth. then it was the war and in the60s we traded with ourselves and had a massive balance of payments defecit.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

.... So you could say that joining the Common Market saved the UK from the bankruptcy it might return to by leaving the EU.

Even the Brexit minister admits that within 2 weeks of the customs border closing there will be severe shortages throughout the UK of petrol, essential medicines and foodstuffs.

A new vote based on economic realities and not on racist immigration propaganda would seem to be the only viable option.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Fretless wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:35 pm .... So you could say that joining the Common Market saved the UK from the bankruptcy it might return to by leaving the EU.

Even the Brexit minister admits that within 2 weeks of the customs border closing there will be severe shortages throughout the UK of petrol, essential medicines and foodstuffs.

A new vote based on economic realities and not on racist immigration propaganda would seem to be the only viable option.
+1
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Fretless wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:35 pm .... So you could say that joining the Common Market saved the UK from the bankruptcy it might return to by leaving the EU.

Complete feckin' nonsense. Is the EU employing the same type propaganda people as Nazi Germany, seems like it with the level of lies and bullshit going on.

If we pull the plug the only country to go bankrupt will be Ireland so YOU will have to bail them out, OH! I forget you do that already. Along with Greece, Spain, Portugal, and now Italy and.............................

The main difference is we will no longer help you pay for it so MORE money needed from you and Germany and...........to cough up, that is what is pissing off the EU, it always boils down to money and ego and hubris in the end.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

The most likely outcome is a very 'soft' Brexit - what I imagine most people would think of as a fudge. Much the same arrangements as we have now but under different names and a little less effective / seamless. I do not expect a second referendum. The reason Farage wants one is that he now realises that it is the only chance to achieve a 'hard' Brexit. Parliament will not allow hard Brexit.

Both the EU and the UK will be a little worse off for Brexit. Both sides are struggling to face the reality of their own failings that led to Brexit. They must eventually work together to make a new reality of cooperation. Tribal language from either side will only delay that new reality.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/