TSS

All things NVA
Stemcor1990
Great Britain

TSS

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

I had the pleasure of a visit to Muppet Labs yesterday evening to collect the TSS. The Doc let me have a listen and let’s just say that I liked what I heard.

One thing that the Doc doesn’t do is underestimate. When he said that the amp is heavy he wasn’t fibbing. When I picked it up I could feel my eyes bulging and my back was telling me things I didn’t want to hear. By the time it was in the car I was sweating and thinking thoughts that are best left in my head. I didn’t have the strength left to take the thing out of the car and in to the house (I’m so glad it’s not going upstairs).

To be continued when I have recovered.......

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Re: TSS

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

Look forward to further posts :)

applemarc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by applemarc »

I remember that feeling but it is worth it.
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is a two person carry, problem is I am not allowed to* and assistance wasn't available. Hope your back is OK, also hope it is not me you are swearing at under your breath. :oops:

*My lung cancer pill makes my skin or internal surfaces very thin and I am on blood thinners. So those two in combination means if I had a lung blood vessel rupture or hernia type reaction in the lung I would be gone pretty quickly. So sorry anything getting toward 10 kilos and above I have to leave for someone else. The TSS must be over 30kgs.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

I was moaning at myself. A reminder that I need to get fit.

I’ll leave the car right outside the front door when I take the TSS in to the house 😀

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

:lol: It’s in the house without any pain so I’ve convinced myself that I’m getting fitter.

I’m going to wait until Saturday before plugging in. The Doc said it will most likely trip the mains so I may need to plug unplug etc a few times.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Your arms must be at Schwarzenegger level now :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Got the Friday night telling off from the family. The TSS is a bit bigger than I told them it would be.

The Doc warned me that plugging the amp could trip my mains fuse. Thankfully it did not happen. I knew this thing liked a bit of current - I was half expecting something like the bastard offspring of Frankenstein and the Alien to emerge from the top of the case.....

So I left it for 30 mins to warm up and hooked it up to the rest of the system. Then left it alone for another couple of hours.

First impressions. It’s easier to distinguish two instruments when they have been mixed “close together”. I can’t say that I’m hearing stuff that I’ve never heard before but I’m am hearing stuff that makes more sense musically. Bands sound more like...... bands. Apologies if this is not making a lot of sense.

I’m looking forward to the amp bedding in and hope to hear some improvements over the next few weeks. As I have said before, I have high expectations of the TSS and I don’t expect to be disappointed.

The only caveat so far is some mains transformer buzzing. The mains is quite variable. In my Naim days the system could be near silent or sound like a swarm of bees had been nesting in the amps. I’m wondering if a BMU would stop this. The mini BMU looks interesting. Mrs and Miss S have a bee in their bonnets (groan) about noisy amps. My old Teddy Pardo’s were silent.

Not sure when I’ll get to listen to some more music but I’ll post an update at some point in the future.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Get a divorce :mrgreen:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Stemcor1990 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:56 pm Got the Friday night telling off from the family. The TSS is a bit bigger than I told them it would be.

The Doc warned me that plugging the amp could trip my mains fuse. Thankfully it did not happen. I knew this thing liked a bit of current - I was half expecting something like the bastard offspring of Frankenstein and the Alien to emerge from the top of the case.....

So I left it for 30 mins to warm up and hooked it up to the rest of the system. Then left it alone for another couple of hours.

First impressions. It’s easier to distinguish two instruments when they have been mixed “close together”. I can’t say that I’m hearing stuff that I’ve never heard before but I’m am hearing stuff that makes more sense musically. Bands sound more like...... bands. Apologies if this is not making a lot of sense.

I’m looking forward to the amp bedding in and hope to hear some improvements over the next few weeks. As I have said before, I have high expectations of the TSS and I don’t expect to be disappointed.

The only caveat so far is some mains transformer buzzing. The mains is quite variable. In my Naim days the system could be near silent or sound like a swarm of bees had been nesting in the amps. I’m wondering if a BMU would stop this. The mini BMU looks interesting. Mrs and Miss S have a bee in their bonnets (groan) about noisy amps. My old Teddy Pardo’s were silent.

Not sure when I’ll get to listen to some more music but I’ll post an update at some point in the future.
Teddy uses very small transformers - thats why they dont hum.

I think we all need to go off grid for electric. Wind turbine, pv panels and storage. In fact why not have dedicated panels just for the sound system. :lol:

I would love to go off grid. Apart from the increased sq (i assume) we could all stick two fingers up at the electricity compaies, their capitalist greed and their dont care attitude.

:angry-soapbox:
DIY FREE ZONE