(in)FAMOUS SLURPS

All general audio posts go here.
southall-1998
Wales

Re: (in)FAMOUS SLURPS

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Bobby Vee wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:59 pm O for god sake. I use them things for nothing other than keep the unused sockets clean & dust free. Thing is they cost me £1 each

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neutrik-Dumm ... ERsmpMIfwA
Thanks for the link dude.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Eric Shun
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Eric Shun »

Probably not the right thread, but its a new day, so another 24 carat gold nugget from the TAS village idiot on the same subject:
MikeMusic wrote:I got some off Ebay way less. Paid less than that for quite a few, perhaps 8. Subtle improvement, good VFM on the Chord Integrated and Pass Pre
Surely the guy can't be this gullible? But given his track record, nothing should surprise us :angry-screaming:
"Nobody flounces better, makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody flounces half as good as you, BigBottyFlouncy, you're the best"
:clap:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The disease is growing, but they are running out of plausible slurps and they are becoming more and more bizarre, as well as taking over cheap and simple ideas like the socket blockers and drowning them in bullshit and slurp. Soon it will be the cushion you sit on, of maybe even the air we breath - "hi-fi spray helps you hear more music" there is no end to it, basically because any knobhead can go and pick up a few stones and put them on ebay saying anything they want - ebay are not interested if it is just bullshit. If they sell one to some nutter they have a few quid for an evening out.

It is up to us *normal* hobbyists to counter it, but we seem to be the only forum doing it as a deliberate process. My problem is there is a line of foo at one end and non foo at the other, and the border into foo varies enormously, from Mike Music and Moon at one end to the Harbeth knob head who say amps sounding different is foo at the other.

So we all have to a stand on that line and at least a vast majority of us will take the piss out of the stuff featured in this thread.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Bobby Vee wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:59 pm O for god sake. I use them things for nothing other than keep the unused sockets clean & dust free. Thing is they cost me £1 each

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neutrik-Dumm ... ERsmpMIfwA
How long did they take to "run in"
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Come on Guy, I thought the phrase was "burn in" or in the case of the plastic dummy plugs "melt on" :lol:

I must admit somewhat embarrassingly :oops: I fell for a Russ Andrews power lead a short while back, simply because my inquisitiveness got the better of me. It was one of his anniversary Kimber yellow power leads on offer at £30.

OK it's worth a punt I thought and ordered one. Well what a disappointment. Despite his references to a quality 13A plug, fitted with a RA (Bussmann 13A fuse) OK overprinted with Russ Andrew s' signature (at least it is legal) :lol: and a "quality" IEC plug the other end which is actually total shite. A standard power lead supplied with a PC fitted much more securely into the IEC inlet on my Airpower clone than the limp wristed RA version.

Performance? Well I was foolish to think it may actually be better than the standard lead - it wasn't, but it does look pretty coiled up on the sideboard. It shall remain there as a reminder to self not to be so bloody stupid in future! :doh:

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Alfi wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:51 am Come on Guy, I thought the phrase was "burn in" or in the case of the plastic dummy plugs "melt on" :lol:

I must admit somewhat embarrassingly :oops: I fell for a Russ Andrews power lead a short while back, simply because my inquisitiveness got the better of me. It was one of his anniversary Kimber yellow power leads on offer at £30.

OK it's worth a punt I thought and ordered one. Well what a disappointment. Despite his references to a quality 13A plug, fitted with a RA (Bussmann 13A fuse) OK overprinted with Russ Andrew s' signature (at least it is legal) :lol: and a "quality" IEC plug the other end which is actually total shite. A standard power lead supplied with a PC fitted much more securely into the IEC inlet on my Airpower clone than the limp wristed RA version.

Performance? Well I was foolish to think it may actually be better than the standard lead - it wasn't, but it does look pretty coiled up on the sideboard. It shall remain there as a reminder to self not to be so bloody stupid in future! :doh:

Alfi.
Oh Alfi :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

What possessed you ?
DIY FREE ZONE

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

A brief spell of alcohol fuelled stupidity Stu!

I'm almost tea total now :lol:

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

Found this on the Head-Fi Qutest thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew