NVA Passive preamp.

All things NVA
valvesRus
Great Britain

NVA Passive preamp.

Unread post by valvesRus »

I was searching Ebay earlier for "passive preamp", and to my surprise nothing NVA came up. :o

So, it might pay Richard to include the word preamp as well as pre amp and pre amplifier on his adverts to maximise potential purchasers.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: NVA Passive preamp.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Thanks I will look into it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Its not the word passive that is doing it, it is the word pre-amp, change it to pre-amplifier and all the nva ones appear.

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:08 pm Its not the word passive that is doing it, it is the word pre-amp, change it to pre-amplifier and all the nva ones appear.
That's exactly what I was saying. :-?

By including the word preamp as well you would (potentially) get more hits.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

valvesRus wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:17 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:08 pm Its not the word passive that is doing it, it is the word pre-amp, change it to pre-amplifier and all the nva ones appear.

Correct - or at very least it would require less search enquiries.

There is room in the permitted ebay title length to have both variations:

Pre-amp
Amplifier

You could also include (when space permits):

Hi-Fi
Audiophile
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well do I want more hits, sometimes it pays to be a bit under the radar, especially in my position. I have all the work I can cope with from people finding me now. I am not trying to grow NVA as then I get into loads of extra work, extra overheads, extra paperwork, done it before, worn the tshirt, I hated it stuck in my office, I am happy now because I build and play with things. Enough money is what I want not the constant pursuit of more money.

People don't realise I tried the business man thing and hated it. I am an enthusiast who makes *enough* of a living from it. Probably why I am so vocal about the money worshipping slurpers who are fecking up our hobby.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:31 pm Well do I want more hits, sometimes it pays to be a bit under the radar, especially in my position. I have all the work I can cope with from people finding me now. I am not trying to grow NVA as then I get into loads of extra work, extra overheads, extra paperwork, done it before, worn the tshirt, I hated it stuck in my office, I am happy now because I build and play with things. Enough money is what I want not the constant pursuit of more money.

People don't realise I tried the business man thing and hated it. I am an enthusiast who makes *enough* of a living from it. Probably why I am so vocal about the money worshipping slurpers who are fecking up our hobby.
The way you are doing it is the best. I hate being in the office as well (except in deepest darkest winter) and would much rather be at the coal face so to speak. Nothing beats being self employed. Your own boss, a certain amount of freedom as long as the bills get paid and you get all the credit for a job well done.

Personally, i knew of NVA 10 years ago but never tried them. Obviously being a complete know nothing at the time i just went to a dealer and tried out the range of stuff they had. Naim won out at the time but that was because initially they sounded more exciting. That soon wore off and i was left wondering where the rest of the music was and why i had a headache. Too proud and face saving at the time to admit it.

Just look at me now :dance: All down to finding HFS.
DIY FREE ZONE

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

savvypaul wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 pm
valvesRus wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:17 pm

Correct - or at very least it would require less search enquiries.

There is room in the permitted ebay title length to have both variations:

Pre-amp
Amplifier

You could also include (when space permits):

Hi-Fi
Audiophile

I'd say pre-amp preamplifer - doubling the title up does no harm in my Dual turntable plinth-zarge searches ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...