Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Classicrock »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 am Those are not differences in politicians and classic if nobody wants your policies you need to look within.
LOL. I don't have policies not being a political party or politician. Just saying no party has policies that many can agree with. Vanity projects stand out. Will you be giving to Oxfam or buying from their shops in future?
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

joe
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by joe »

Classicrock wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:58 am What we have is lack of choice. As pointed out every party in favour of unpopular vanity schemes like HS2 and 3rd runway at heathrow. Not to mention foreign aid - found to be funding sexual deviants on an Oxfam jolly trip. After wasting billions economic reality will hit and these schemes will be stopped even half built. Instant answer to lack of social care and NHS problems (though it's not all about money).
The money saved by cancelling HS2, the third runway at Heathrow and the entire foreign aid budget would be a drop in the ocean compared to the rising cost of health and social care for an ageing population, even assuming that the first two projects would not generate any income once constructed.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Italian election - another kick in the arse for the federalists.

Netherlands, Germany, Austria and now Italy the elections show a trend that must frighten the Brussels slurpers and professional egotists and knob heads. Fat salaries and expense accounts - oh dear, time for chewing nails.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

What they show is that all countries are split between progressive, enlightened eurofiles and stupid, backward nationalists

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well I am not a stupid backward nationalist. You are being too simplistic DQ. There are many motivations and preferences. I am an internationalist, which for me has to start with trade, it is the only way, and that is the way it started in Europe and I was and still am all for it. It went wrong because the concept was taken over by the federalists, the US of E bunch. Mostly pushed by egotist politicians from small countries who want more power but can't do it through their own states, so they circumvent the states. Eventually this may come about but it is far too early now and the set up is a boys club for slurp, power, and ego. We cannot be part of it until it changes (grows up), and that can only be done via the state assemblies joining together slowly - Brussels is a big mistake. So for me Brexit is getting back our ability to trade and build free trade (EU is against it, Brussels wants it all to themselves), if we can keep it with the EU all well and good, but we have to break the link with the institutions of the EU, they are a unbalanced and unstable pack of cards, and they will fall down, and we are better out when it does.

So no right wing and no Nationalism here.

Daniel Quinn

ADMIN EDIT- I have been very patient with your personal attacks on members, it is time they stopped. 1st strike applied

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 am No, but you have an opinion which is living on short time and thus shouldn't count
Not really sure, but I think he is referring to your (potential) short term life expectancy which means your view on long term issues is somehow irrelevant ? :-?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

And it is Ad Hominem and fecking rude so will be removed.

Daniel Quinn

All retired people will be dead when the effects of brexit kick in , they should therefore place an age limit on voting. Essentially they are votiing on a future britain they wont be part off.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

A valid opinion which if you had said that would have been fine, but to personalise it to me is out of order.