(in)FAMOUS SLURPS

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: (in)FAMOUS SLURPS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Why are you picking more arguments - mind your own feckin business, I am seriously fed up with you, pack it up or I am finished with you.

If you read the forum and what I think you wouldn't even ask that question. Before you question me use the archive.

USE YOUR FECKIN' EARS.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is obvious you are on a wind up job so from now on I have two choices either boot you or ignore you. For now on I choose to ignore you so don't address posts to me, next attempt to wind me up or break of the rules and you are gone, no naughty step, just gone - I have had enough.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

NVA's have a low output impedance I believe, so shouldn't react to nasty loads so very much unless it's capacitative.

Power output on paper is easily mis-understood. Some amps 'brick-wall' quite early where others like NVA don't, so you can't really judge 'Watts per Channel' as a definitive thing, hence the 'use your ears' bit. An A20 sounds incredibly good if pushed, relatively speaking, the sound being more 'out of breath' than 'ouch, turn me down NOW' as you get with most Naims for example.

If you want to try NVA with complex loading speakers, I'd suggest the biggest one you can afford so you get the extra headroom and 'ease.' I know it's a fudge of an answer, but around 80W was mentioned a few days ago for A80's I think, but the way these amps behave with music into speaker loads tells me that they'll 'sound' more powerful than this - a Nakamichi PA5 II I owned some decades back from new sounded 'weedier' into the simple ES14 load than other more recent designed amps at lower 'RMS continuous' power.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Another post designed to wind me up Lupus. I have binned it, one more addressed to me and I WILL ban you. Go talk to someone else.

Lupus-Dei
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lupus-Dei »

ADMIN EDIT - once again you refuse to listen, you are still trying to drag me into conflict. I have had enough and I do not want you as a customer, so please don't order NVA - you are now banned.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

So a £1500 mains lead is no longer enough slurp, now we have the £2750 mains lead. Ludicrous.

https://mcru.co.uk/product/isotek-evo3- ... cba1185463

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:33 pm So a £1500 mains lead is no longer enough slurp, now we have the £2750 mains lead. Ludicrous.

https://mcru.co.uk/product/isotek-evo3- ... cba1185463
£2750? Pah! Cheapskate...

https://mcru.co.uk/product/tellurium-q- ... cba1185463
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

How did I miss that one. It leaves me at a loss for words and how anyone can take it seriously, it is a cable with two plugs on it. Well Tellerium Q must take the prize for the largest slurp. I wonder how much of that £5000 is MCRU slurp, a lot I imagine.

It is our fault we have allowed this to happen, are there really people who buy these. TQ is run by the marketing man after he some how got rid of his partner the designer Colin Wonfor, nothing has been designed since, just more and more ludicrous marketing and more and more slurp and ludicrous prices.

Why aren't the other forums pointing at this, or are they secretly in on the game - there is a lot of slurp to go around.

It frustrates me so much that our hobby has fallen to this level.

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Ithilstone »

Well I know what I would do with 2 of those cables!!
I would buy Cubix Pro from Applemarc ... ;]
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/