Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Classicrock »

I agree with the doc. Even if we get an agreement it only takes one region of one country to put a spanner in the works. Also it is impossible to calculate what the exit bill will be. Don't see us walking at present because I think we are close to an agreement of sorts. I think both sides are getting desperate so at least there will be a fudge, yet it all could fall apart at the last hurdle in a years time. Looks like May has a stronger and more stable govt than Germany at least.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

ALL of the EU Govs have problems ATM coincidentally, which is deflecting attention, so Brexit is being left to the Brussels ego driven knob heads, and they will play with us as much as they can to show others never to have the cheek to challenge them (and their slurp) again.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

All this proves we need to get out as I see the EU imploding in any case. I'm waiting for the Greek crisis to surface again, a run on the Euro, Spain splitting apart and the French realising Macron is a put up stooge to block the right. Also the German people waking up to the fact they are paying for the rest. If you had a Brexit style vote in most EU countries the result would be same as the UK unless it was fixed.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Classicrock wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 pm All this proves we need to get out as I see the EU imploding in any case. I'm waiting for the Greek crisis to surface again, a run on the Euro, Spain splitting apart and the French realising Macron is a put up stooge to block the right. Also the German people waking up to the fact they are paying for the rest. If you had a Brexit style vote in most EU countries the result would be same as the UK unless it was fixed.
I think that continental Europe underestimated the British distrust of the EU.

I disagree that most EU countries would vote to exit.

In the aftermath of recession it is normal, I think, that many people become more inward looking.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We fought four wars to stop it 1/ Louis XIV 2/ Napoleon I and nearly Napoleon II 3/ The Prussian War Mongers with an eeeediot king, and finally 4/ Hitler.

If you don't understand history then you don't understand any of what is going on. We joined a Economic Community but we have had a stealth political war to basically do the same thing, so we have spotted it and now we want out, so now they will declare economic war on us. Fine we will fight it again.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I understand the history. I don't draw the same parallels but I understand that many people will.

I don't see that the EU has caused us any problems that can't be managed without the need for Brexit.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Some of you mistake government problems with the European union. All governments have problems of authenticity,the EU is just an excuse

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Is that the EU as a concept or the EU as a reality.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Both

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Then I really don't understand your answer - are you saying the EU (USofE Government in waiting and wanting) has more authenticity as the present sovereign governments.