Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There are made up lies on both sides, it is politics. You believe your lies and not ours, I believe neither of them, I go on what is actually happening. FACT the EU is blocking proper negotiations so as in any form of contract negotiations - feck 'em walk away until they see sense or not.

All this doomsday claptrap makes me laugh, from my point of view, because of Brexit my products recently have been 10% cheaper if paid by Euro, thank you Brexit you have caused me too much work and too much business. Walking away will probably drop it a bit more so more business. Components I use imported by UK distributors will cost more, but in reality my component costs are coming down, because of the internet I can now buy direct.

I would seriously welcome the USA market opening up to me on top of not losing EU trade even on world trade rules. VAT will then not be passed across so you can probably get away with avoiding it like in the old days, duty will be max of 5% on European made electronic goods so = win win!

Do you know what your arse there are really scared of is that Britain will be seen to have benefited from leaving, too late mate I am already benefiting and we are just in the process not the end.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Happy for you, Doc.

By the way - most of my information comes from that well-known propaganda institution, The BBC.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

CN211276 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:19 pm
Fretless wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:34 pm In International terms the UK is already being seen as an unstable economy, the lack of direction and leadership is weakening any bargaining position with future trade partners. Major financial institutions are leaving Britain along with multinational corporations. The Treasury is artificially boosting the home economy to give a sense of prosperity. Already Britain is asking for extensions to the negotiations because Theresa May's cabinet have no clear idea of what direction they should go.

And things are going well ... ?
This is obviously the case and in addition the Pound has collapsed. A second referendum is required so sense can prevail. Those I know who voted Brexit now realise they swallowed lies. Was Ivor T involved with the leave campaign :x
WHAT!!!!! where has the pound collapsed, on what planet, 5 to 10% is a collapse is it, especially as it was overvalued before this happened. In real terms we need to come down some more, a sensible world would have the pound, the US dollar, and the Euro trading at the same rate of one to one. Then you can take payment in which ever currency you want. OR the bitcoin and suchlike thing will happen, it is touch and go at the moment, solves all this bloody nonsense if it develops stability.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Don't you realise Fretty, the BBC has internal political structures that are liberal by nature. Though they are more balanced than say the Daily Mail.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:28 pm There are made up lies on both sides, it is politics. You believe your lies and not ours, I believe neither of them, I go on what is actually happening. FACT the EU is blocking proper negotiations so as in any form of contract negotiations - feck 'em walk away until they see sense or not.

All this doomsday claptrap makes me laugh, from my point of view, because of Brexit my products recently have been 10% cheaper if paid by Euro, thank you Brexit you have caused me too much work and too much business. Walking away will probably drop it a bit more so more business. Components I use imported by UK distributors will cost more, but in reality my component costs are coming down, because of the internet I can now buy direct.

I would seriously welcome the USA market opening up to me on top of not losing EU trade even on world trade rules. VAT will then not be passed across so you can probably get away with avoiding it like in the old days, duty will be max of 5% on European made electronic goods so = win win!

Do you know what your arse there are really scared of is that Britain will be seen to have benefited from leaving, too late mate I am already benefiting and we are just in the process not the end.
All true...but not exactly a nationwide survey ;)

It is a game of economics...the rest is just propaganda.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

savvypaul
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:37 pm Don't you realise Fretty, the BBC has internal political structures that are liberal by nature. Though they are more balanced than say the Daily Mail.
Linn & Naim were more balanced than the Daily Mail :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am in the hi-fi trade

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is simple in any situation in a contract negotiation if the other party is being an arse and blocking it then you walk away. Start negotiating straight away with USA China India Canada Australia, the list is endless. Hopefully we have already established principle with these people.

savvypaul
Great Britain

They are both being arses for a while..probably a while longer.

The reality of economics will, eventually, prevail.

In most negotiations both sides find a way to claim they have won. However, in this negotiation the best result possible is that both sides can claim they have not lost.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

As I have said many times I will be happy if we can go back to being a member of the EEC and not the EU. If we can't then walk away.

Simon Hickie

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Fretless wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:31 pm
By the way - most of my information comes from that well-known propaganda institution, The BBC.
Ah, the Bolshevic Broadcasting Corporation as it is also known. And yes, some do indeed view it as a propaganda machine.