Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Bigman80 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:46 am Oh, i thought you'd left lol Like i said, my presence is all that's required now. Nothing quite like being on a cushy number. Think I've forgot to feed the dog too, he'll be starving! Nothing like a nice intruder to chew on. Actually, funny story. The postie once when delivering a letter saw my dog, Tyson (chav name for a dog i know) and physically froze. He was terrified of dogs. When Tyson became inquisitive as to why he was just standing in the door way he went to sniff him. The postie, upon seeing my fully grown Doberman walk towards him proceeded to urinate all down his leg and on my front step. I ended up giving him a spare pair of trousers lol. Tyson loves him now. Thinks he marked the step hahahaha
:text-offtopic:

Lindsayt
Nauru

If DQ were active on this thread he might say something along the lines of the art of debating invloves expressing an opinion and then presenting evidence to back-up said opinion.

So far Bigman80 has expressed his opinion on the topic of this thread: Richard Dunn. What's lacking is the evidence to support his opinion.

It's possible that the evidence exists and that Bigman80 has just not been organised enough to present it.
It's also possible that the evidence, on a close examination, would not support Bigman's opinion.

ArseHats
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ArseHats »

Can't speak for Bigman80, or that situation. I haven't followed it.
To my mind, in general it would fairly uncontraversial to say that some of Richard's posts (a minority) carry a likelihood of causing insults to their targets. Indeed, that often appears to be one of their functions.
The debate seems to be more about whether and how far such posting is justified.
I get the impression that Richard justifies his combative posts in two ways:
1. As retaliation for wrongs committed against him in the past. (Either by forces in the hifi industry or forces on various hifi fora.)
2. To secure his goals of changing prevailing orthodoxies in hifi design and the hifi industry generally.
He clearly cares about these things.
I agree with Richard on many things he writes about the hifi world, but I don't always feel entirely comfortable with the above models of justification being used as permission to engage in a vitriolic race to the bottom with the "wrong-doers".
But I do respect Richard's resolve and staying power.
And, as others have pointed out, many of his products are incredibly well regarded, and selling direct can present great value to customers, so his integrity in these regards benefits all.
"One whos head is so far up ones own arse that they are wearing ones arse as a hat"

Lindsayt
Nauru

ArseHats wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:37 pm ...To my mind, in general it would fairly uncontraversial to say that some of Richard's posts (a minority) carry a likelihood of causing insults to their targets. Indeed, that often appears to be one of their functions...
Can you please give links to examples?

ArseHats

Lindsayt wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:15 pm
ArseHats wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:37 pm ...To my mind, in general it would fairly uncontraversial to say that some of Richard's posts (a minority) carry a likelihood of causing insults to their targets. Indeed, that often appears to be one of their functions...
Can you please give links to examples?
Fair question.
Off the top of my head. I seem to recall Richard recently referring to "the evil and the stupid". Obviously there's the on-going feud with AoS. Past comments about MCRU. Thinking further back, making an issue of "outing" TonyL's "sexuality". (Apologies if I've made a mistake with any of those.) I imagine that at the time they were made all of those comments carried some likelyhood of causing insult to their subjects (I suppose we'd have to ask the subjects themselves). My point in your quote of my post wasn't so much about whether that is right or wrong, but rather about the likely consequences in terms of causing insult to their subjects. And I suppose, the degree to which that was one of the intended purposes of the comments. Also, that I didn't see those as being particularly insightful or groundbreaking points that I was making.
"One whos head is so far up ones own arse that they are wearing ones arse as a hat"

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I can recall tonyL posting some very nasty things about RD. What RD posted about his sexuality was mild in comparison.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Lindsayt
Nauru

Arsehats, the search function may help you to find links.

I can't really comment on your opinion and on Bigman80's opinion of Richard because neither of you have presented any specific evidence to support your views.

What sort of a proportion of Richard's posts on this forum include insults? He has made over 25000 posts! :techie-ebay:

If 0.1% of his posts - one post in a thousand - includes insults, that would be 25 of them.
So, can anyone find over 25 insulting posts from Richard on this forum?

ArseHats

Lindsayt wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:59 pm I can't really comment on your opinion and on Bigman80's opinion of Richard because neither of you have presented any specific evidence to support your views.
Ok.
Probably for the best.
I feel bad for raking things up.
None of my business.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

This post is probably more relevant here.

Re: AoS

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:09 pm

They already are. !2 years ago when I first went on forums and tried to explain how they have been ripped off for decades, and lied to, and brainwashed, especially the Linn Naim flat earth one. I was ridiculed, insulted, put down, called mad, told I only complain because I am a failure, my products aren't and weren't good enough. I stood my ground, and gave as good as I got, in fact got quite good at it and often gave more than I got, and it developed a momentum of its own, hence where we are now. So what will happen, my world will become their world but so many of them hate me for showing them up, and will not recognise their about face, Marco being a classic example.

It is a classic situation, often the originator of thought and the showing of reality becomes the victim of it, and the know it all who comes in later claim all the credit. Well in my case I don't give a shite, they are the eeediots only recognised by bigger eeeeediots. I am happy to be recognised by the small number of people with musical taste and intelligence we have, it is all I *need*. It would be nice though for the eeeediots to be recognised as the eeeeeediots they are. Not at AoS (or PFM) though, wont happen.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well we had our much deserved fun with Bigman (Vicky) but its now gone quiet. Where have all the arseholes gone, given up!

Marco's promise to join came to nothing, after trying to join as a Jammy look alike. Someone called Struth joined bit no posts, Macca is a member. Come on Macca tell us why working with that pervert is preferable to being here.