NVA Phono2 phono stage review

All things NVA
Bigman80
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NVA Phono2 phono stage review

Unread post by Bigman80 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:00 pm
antonio66 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:39 pm That Nak. must have a very controlled bass since I thought using the Phono 2 gave me a much more controlled and deeper bass than I've been used to.
The speaker used go deep, but are a touch flabby in the bass. I am presuming from listening to the two TT we used, the Toshiba showed this slight flabby nature and the Rock was lighter and tighter and much better all round. From what I have read the PassLab has a sub sonic filter, so very low bass is attenuated, the NVA doesn't have that filter. I *think* this may have been a reason. If I had been there for the tests I would have pulled the speakers a further 6 inches into the room on hearing this, they are too near the wall (two or three inches away) for that design. Don't get me wrong though I was impressed by the speaker overall.
Can I ask for a bit of clarity ? Are you saying the Toshiba shows the flabby bass or the Toshiba caused the flabby bass? I own a Toshiba and I am interested in your thoughts.