Traffic Nightmare

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Traffic Nightmare

Unread post by Classicrock »

You mean HS2 etc? How many more roads can be built? There is constant road improvements such as smart motorways. Hence the roadworks and traffic jams. Much freight is local and can't effectively been done by rail. You would think the biggest increase in traffic would be Amazon white van man? Perhaps automated speed control technology would reduce these accidents plus stricter enforcement of regulations. More unnecessary journeys should have been eliminated by now with skype and video conferencing. The motorways cope where smart technology restricts speed and lanes. That is until someone breaks down or crashes. Also ban school runs and make kids walk and catch the bus - Unnecessary fear put into parents minds by the media (Pedo on every corner mentality).
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

You aren't dealing with the problem.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

George Hincapie wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:48 am You aren't dealing with the problem.
Self driving vehicles might...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

George Hincapie

Perhaps. But fewer vehicles would be better.

savvypaul
Great Britain

George Hincapie wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:13 pm Perhaps. But fewer vehicles would be better.
Not going to happen. The best we can do is to invest in better public transport to slow the growth of privaye vehicles and be innovative about managing traffic flows and minimising human error.
I am in the hi-fi trade

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

How about starting off with everyone pulling over to the left hand lane once they've overtaken and perhaps having sections of "no overtaking for HGVs" on busy roads?
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

savvypaul
Great Britain

CycleCoach wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:36 pm How about starting off with everyone pulling over to the left hand lane once they've overtaken and perhaps having sections of "no overtaking for HGVs" on busy roads?
When we have self driving vehicles. Until then, human greed and stupidity will always get in the way...
I am in the hi-fi trade

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

CycleCoach wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:36 pm How about starting off with everyone pulling over to the left hand lane once they've overtaken and perhaps having sections of "no overtaking for HGVs" on busy roads?
Great suggestion, but how do we get those idiots to pull over to the left after overtaking.

George Hincapie

Absolutely this. Just drove back to a family visit near Ipswich; lane discipline is shocking. No-one seems to want to move back into Lane 1 any more...

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

antonio66 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:25 pm Great suggestion, but how do we get those idiots to pull over to the left after overtaking?
Like this.
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)