Wharfedale Programme 30D.3

A place for DIY project discussions.
Toontrev

Wharfedale Programme 30D.3

Unread post by Toontrev »

I feel another doc mod project coming on and like the look of main driver in these compacts. Paper construction, rubber surrounds. I've never heard of them, seem to be a pro version of the old diamond design for use in pubs/clubs etc.
Anyone got any knowledge or heard them ?
Cheers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Wharfedale Programme 30D.3

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

not me

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Not much info about but I think they may have been install versions of the famous Diamond mk1. If this is the case, they should sound great as they are bar some rawness in the cheap drive units used and I suspect they're pretty simple inside too, so easy to work on if you feel that way inclined. The Diamond 1 had chipboard boxes, the Pro version (one had a stereo amp inside and the other was a standard passive model) offered MDF carcasses I've just discovered and 'could run a pair of Kans close' (Gawd help us).
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Toontrev

Unread post by Toontrev »

Thanks for the feedback, if they are available cheap enough I may give them a go. Heard some Kans donkeys years ago and couldn't understand what the fuss was about. They were awful yet the dealer was telling me how wonderful they sounded.