Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Zoidburg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by Zoidburg »

Morning All,

I am a member on a few audio forums and post occasionally under this name too. I thought I would expand my horizons and see what else is out there thus here I am. I mainly listen to vinyl at home as my wife loves the medium and is always buying records. My / our system is a modified SL1200 with a jelco sa750 arm and At150 cartridge & FB phono stage. Jungson JA88 amp at present I have a couple of speaker choices, a pair of IPL S3TML ribbons and a pair of Snell JII and soon I will also have a pair of JBL L40's, the snells are on long term loan so will go back to their owner at some point.

Musically I have a broad range of interests from funk & jazz to rock and metal and electronic and dance music.

Cheers,

Ben

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Welcome Ben, hopefully this forum will broaden your outlook, it certainly has for me. The advice given has been excellent and I have learnt quite a bit which I would not have done on other forums.

Zoidburg

Thanks Antonio

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Welcome Ben, never dealt with you but have notice your user name,
one of the few standouts from across the forums thats instantly recognisable. 8-)
Frank...made me do it.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Hi Ben/Zoidburg, and welcome to HFS.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Zoidburg

Thanks for the welcome guys,

I'm not specifically looking to change anything with my gear at present but im sure il find plenty of interesting stuff to read here and hopefully add something to the forum.

I've recently moved from valve amplification to solid state and have gone through a change of speakers with another change about to happen next week so for the time being I cant see much more on the horizon...........but you never know!

cheers,

Neonknight

Unread post by Neonknight »

Hello. Good to meet you. In the US actually, so I own none of the gear that these other fellows have. Great to hear about the fun you are having with this hobby.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

As it says above. "This is not a NVA forum" even though I own and help admin it. This forum has a NVA room where all NVA discussion should be kept. Obviously we have attracted a lot of NVA users as they can moan and natter to me, but we have many ideas here as to what makes a good system, and all ideas are welcome. Though I warn you any Flat Earther Linn / Naim lovers will be inclined to have the piss taken out of them.

FrankDee

Unread post by FrankDee »

Hello there

Only found out about NVA the other day, decided to have a read , as I have been thinking about the Pre/Power route and came across this forum. You lot can be quite funny some times.

Been hooked on music since The Specials first came out back in 1979, and been buying music since. The gear has always been secondary to me, and at the moment have a bit of a mismatch system, but it seems to work for me.

The FrankDee man cave is really a cave and only measures 2.5m x 3m. The system consist of a home made PC feeding a Lindermann USB-DAC 24/192 to a Cyrus 6vs Amp, with the Dali Zensor 3 doing speaker duty.
Also have a Whitebird amp Virtus-01, being feed by the PC, with the Sennheiser HD650 for headphone duty.
The last piece to the jigsaw is a Marantz CD 52 mk2, which I have had since new, which is quite a few years old now.

Last update to all the above was a Ifi Defender 3.0, some say snake oil, but for me 45 quid well spent.

As for music, still a fan of The Specials, but listen to a wide variety of music, from Bob Marley and the Wailers, Massive Attack, Peter Gabriel, Sade, Talk Talk, Everything But The Girl, Stereo MC, Tracy Chapman, Maze, The Beat, Keane, Jack Johnson, Paul Weller, UB40 (Early), Reggae, Dub Reggae and started to get into Jazz, and Jazz Vocals. To name a few.

So a quick Hello from me. :dance:

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Welcome to the forum Frank. Get stuck in and enjoy yourself.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X