Not a good weekend...

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Not a good weekend...

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well a score is 20 so that must mean Jammy thinks we should all live to 150 :lol: :lol: Brain addled by alcohol and religion - sad.

Anyway apart from Jammy daftness sad to hear of your problems.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Cancer's shit. Getting old is shit.

The thing about getting old is that happens gradually. So that it creates the illusion that you'll be young / in good health forever. And that you've got plenty of time to do everything.

When the reality is that after sleeping and doing all the other basics in life, none of us has much time on this planet at all when compared to the mind-boggling age of the universe.

All that any of us can do is to live as fulfilling a life as possible and try to avoid the self-destructive habits that so many of our fellow human beings have - so that we can increase our chances of maintaing our health and happiness.

...And it sometimes take the bad things in life, like the ill health of death of a family member, to remind us how good the good things in life are - such as spending quality time with your family.

I am shedding a couple of tears as I'm about to submit this post. In a few seconds time I will get on with enjoying this long week-end with my family.

hughandella
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by hughandella »

V sorry to hear this George --- I lost my mum in June this year, she was only 76 and full of life we thought .... diagnosed with lung cancer but all very operable, she went into hospital and developed a rare strain of pneumonia - was placed into an induced coma after a few days and never came back - we had to make/agree to decision to have support withdrawn ------ it was horrific but knew it was the 'right' thing ...... miss her every day and it will be tough this Christmas but we will get through it, just as you will ...... I had some great advice once - and pass it on in the hope it may help in time .....
I was asked by a friend : " If I place my hand on your shoulder I can take away all of your pain - do you want me to do that ?" ...
. 'Yes ofcourse' .......
" Ok well I can do that - but there is a price " .......
"go on" I said .......
" If I do this thing I also have to take away every memory you have of your mum, every picture, every remembered laugh --- do you still want it ? ' ....

wishing you all the best
chris

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Good post Chris,sorry to hear of your sad loss in June,it's worst when it was unexpected,
cancer is a terrible thing, such a painful end, remember there's few of us in the same boat at this time of year,
hope you can take strength from it and soldier on.

You'll probably have gathered today is my mums anniversary, still remember it like yesterday,
she was only moved to the hospice 2 days previous, the family remember turning her bed to look out at the shimmering Glasgow night lights *hospice was set on high position),
with big Christmas tree in the corner of her room, it was the most beautiful tranquil scene,
family tried to be normal and put on brave face making light of the beautiful scene,
to see the nil response from dead eyes from high dosage of Morphine was painful,
sisters were in pieces away from view and she slipped away through the night. :cry:
Frank...made me do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

One day she will meet you with a red lantern, remember she is always there.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:One day she will meet you with a red lantern, remember she is always there.
Would like to think so Doc, uplifting to know she'll be there waiting with unquestioning faith in her favourite son.
Frank...made me do it.

Neonknight

Unread post by Neonknight »

Difficult times indeed. Losing those we love is hard on us. I wish you and yours some peace and comfort. Take care and find some value in every day, as our time with all of those we love and care for is limited.

hughandella

Unread post by hughandella »

wiicrackpot wrote:Good post Chris,sorry to hear of your sad loss in June,it's worst when it was unexpected,
cancer is a terrible thing, such a painful end, remember there's few of us in the same boat at this time of year,
hope you can take strength from it and soldier on.

You'll probably have gathered today is my mums anniversary, still remember it like yesterday,
she was only moved to the hospice 2 days previous, the family remember turning her bed to look out at the shimmering Glasgow night lights *hospice was set on high position),
with big Christmas tree in the corner of her room, it was the most beautiful tranquil scene,
family tried to be normal and put on brave face making light of the beautiful scene,
to see the nil response from dead eyes from high dosage of Morphine was painful,
sisters were in pieces away from view and she slipped away through the night. :cry:
Thanks .... its part of life isnt it ? ... we raised a glass and we laughed too, because that is what mum would have wanted ---- life has to go on, for our sake and the next generation .... it's easy to think we are the only one's going through tough times but this is the 'proper' use of the new media I think - we aren't alone and anything we feel has been felt before. It doesnt lessen how legitimate those feelings are but hopefully stops us getting maudlin ---- don't know any parent who'd want their kids to be sad thinking of them ..... anyway 'jingle bells' all ---- thank god for music first and foremost and for systems that can play it well ( think it explains why we all get so het up about it --- but also why we need to put it in perspective too !)