The Doc

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

The Doc

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I think it is time to explain the Doc again. It was done before but we have lost it when we lost the archive forum. I did it even before that but again we lost our original archive due to a rogue Admin who screwed us to set up Chews.

These situations are just an extension of the crap I have had to put up with throughout my audio design and manufacturing experience. I am now being recognised as knowing *something* as I can at last talk to my end users, not just via middle men. Because I am different and my principles in designing product are different I have been subject to abuse, lies and libel probably more than anyone else in this industry. Because of this when I recognise these people around me now I react to them. Why should I put up with ignorant people with just some second hand knowledge or industry brainwash telling me I am doing things wrong or don't know what I am doing. To walk in a shop and hear your equipment literally piss on the famous competition but not be recognised and the brainwash and ego trotted out yet again, so now when I find these people polluting forums then I am afraid there is no quarter given, genuine people even if I disagree with them will always have respect. Now if we take one of these people one step further then we have Marco who personally insults threatens and tries to damage both man and product then you can understand why he is my #1 target and always will be until he changes and owns up and accepts what he has been doing for the last umpteen years.

Doc is a cantankerous old git but he has been made that way by years of abuse by people who vary from can't help it idiots to evil sub humans and all points in between. Though I do respect and admire many people who are not like this, even if they are beginners or journeymen who accept that they only know what they know. In reality we are all only journeymen, there is no destination.

As Colin Wonfor will tell you as well the industry is full of shits!

Lordie82360now
Great Britain

Re: The Doc

Unread post by Lordie82360now »

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with the Doc yesterday as he supervised the installation of some NVA kit.
Not just outstanding gear, as we upgraded our initial purchase, but with the personal service to get the best out of it - thanks for your time.
Will spend the rest of the week listening and adjusting to our new NVA powered system - Can't wait!
Digital Source: Eversolo dmp-A6, Crucial external USB SSD, iPad 10th Gen 64mg, iPhone 8.
Amplifier: Arcam AS20.
Interconnects: Audioquest Carbon Coaxial and Optical.
Speakers: Quad S2 with NVA LS1.
Headphones: Bayer DT770 Pro LE.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

After having a face full of shit just thrown at me (removed) I think I need to point at the opening post in this thread again and perhaps make it a sticky.

hughandella
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by hughandella »

ADMIN EDIT - this is the nva room it is not the open forum. I will not put up with this here, nor will I anywhere else on the forum, but especially here. It is pure ad hominem. If you don't want to be on the forum then piss off.

First strike!

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Good on you Doc.

I was only saying to my better half last night that Richard D knows his stuff (this was after realising with a cartridge change earlier this week that my Doc Modded JPW's were not quite right).
I felt I should add some more dope so I took the plunge with a can of plasti-dip and which improved matters. I seem to remember Doc saying the effect that dope has on cones takes a while to work to best effect even though it does to a degree on initial application.

The Doc mod JPW projects lead me to adding more and more NVA black boxes to my system. 2017 may see me trying your power amps to move to all NVA amps.

Best wishes.

Alfi
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.