BMU considerations

All things NVA
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: BMU considerations

Unread post by CN211276 »

I did not attempt to phone UPS for the reasons given in my previous post. Instead I drove to the drop point at the address the Doc provided. Although it is not far away it is off the beaten track and somewhere at the shopping centre two minutes walk away would have been more logical. My parcel was in the shop. I asked if it had been redelivered yesterday after being taken away on Wednesday, to be informed that it had been with them since Tuesday. The parcel was on the shop floor in full view of anyone who walked in. If the assistant's attention had been diverted, anyone could have walked off with it. I was not asked for the ID I had brought but had to sign for it.

I think I am entitled to a decent amount of compensation from UPS for two reasons:-
1. The illiterate cretin of a driver did not write a discernable address on the card through the door.
2. UPS lied about the parcel being collected from the shop on Wednesday and redelivered on Friday (no time given). This caused a lot of inconvenience and my wife is fuming.

This shambles aside the BMU looks great and I cant wait to try it out. I will report after some extended lisetning at different times of the day. The SQ of my system varies and I think this is due to the mains. When I listen through head phones through the Chord Mojo DAC, which is not plugged into the mains, there is no variation.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Black

RIP Doc

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

I'm pleased to hear that you got the BMU at last despite the hassle.

Personally I prefer to have my items available to collect from the local Drop off/Collection point as I have to pass it on my way when I go anywhere out of our village and it means that I don't have to wait in. I work shifts and can collect on my way to or from work. From my experience of sending and receiving parcels there is usually a UPS drop off point within a couple of miles of most places now and with hindsight I would have suggested looking on the Interparcel site to find the closest one. I completely understand Docs insistence on sending to a home address though, especially with eBay and Paypal rules. It's just as well that I woke up earlier than usual on Tuesday after my nightshift and the UPS driver arrived 10 minutes later otherwise I might have had to wait for redelivery.

As far as the BMU is concerned, I don't really know how to describe it's effect, I can't really pinpoint any individual traits that have changed/improved but it has brought back a feeling that I usually get when I am comfortable with how a system is performing. It seems so relaxed doing what it does.

Doc, is a 40cm pair of TIS a possibility? It isn't listed on ebay, I think the shortest on there is 50cm which I'll have to keep saving for, or I can go for SSP in the meantime.
George, what lengths of SSP were you looking to possibly trade in?
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

40cm with these would be a pain to make because of construction, even 50cm is a pain but you have to start somewhere, so I don't want to list it at ebay, it wont save you much anyway, it would be £260 as oppose to £310. If you buy SSP2 you can always upgrade later.

George Hincapie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Quarknosis wrote:George, what lengths of SSP were you looking to possibly trade in?
I have two sets of 1M SSP Interconnect and one 1M SSP Digital Interconnect. When I upgrade to TIS, all cables will be upgraded - I will not have mixed tiers in my system.

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Thanks Doc & George,

1m pairs would be longer than I need so I'll probably get 50cm lengths from Doc when the time comes. I just need to decide if I'll go straight to TIS or get SSP first :think:
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Quarknosis wrote:Thanks Doc & George,

1m pairs would be longer than I need so I'll probably get 50cm lengths from Doc when the time comes. I just need to decide if I'll go straight to TIS or get SSP first :think:
The SSP walks all over my £200 Graham Slee cable and is easily the match of my £550 Van den Hul cable. Get a slightly longer length in case your set-up changes in the future. The worst cables of all are the ones that don't reach!!
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

savvypaul
Great Britain

George Hincapie wrote:I have two sets of 1M SSP Interconnect and one 1M SSP Digital Interconnect. When I upgrade to TIS, all cables will be upgraded - I will not have mixed tiers in my system.
Impressive bit of OCD there, George :lol:

Go on, mix em up. Dare ya! :violence-duel:
I am in the hi-fi trade

George Hincapie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

savvypaul wrote:
George Hincapie wrote:I have two sets of 1M SSP Interconnect and one 1M SSP Digital Interconnect. When I upgrade to TIS, all cables will be upgraded - I will not have mixed tiers in my system.
Impressive bit of OCD there, George :lol:

Go on, mix em up. Dare ya! :violence-duel:
You should see my crockery cupboard and utensil drawer :clap:

savvypaul
Great Britain

I'm more like...
I am in the hi-fi trade

slinger