BMU considerations

All things NVA
Quarknosis

Re: BMU considerations

Unread post by Quarknosis »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote: You can hear what a TIS does with an A20 - sorry - ...
Oh No :shock: Anyway, SSP mk2 as next purchase, then probably a longer wait than I have been having to save up for TIS (possibly).
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

George Hincapie wrote:Zebbo, are you bi-amping with the A60/80s? Did you have the 80s first?
Yes I am. The A60 drives the tweeters and the A80's the main drivers.
I had the A80's first then a second hand A60 came up so I took the plunge and bought it and some extra LS6 speaker cables.
In all honesty I personally think the difference in sound quality is tiny and not worth the capital outlay. I'd bought it all anyway so it's still in place but if money ever got tight it would be the first thing to go. I guess bi-amping may be more beneficial if you're using smaller amps maybe?
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

zebbo wrote:
George Hincapie wrote:Zebbo, are you bi-amping with the A60/80s? Did you have the 80s first?
I had the A80's first then a second hand A60 came up so I took the plunge and bought it and some extra LS6 speaker cables.
In all honesty I personally think the difference in sound quality is tiny and not worth the capital outlay. I'd bought it all anyway so it's still in place but if money ever got tight it would be the first thing to go. I guess bi-amping may be more beneficial if you're using smaller amps maybe?
Difference in sound quality between what and what?
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Firebug1
Finland

Unread post by Firebug1 »

terrybooth wrote:
zebbo wrote:
Difference in sound quality between what and what?

single and bi-amping, I believe. Benefit maybe bigger with speakers which have more complex crossovers?
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

zebbo wrote:In all honesty I personally think the difference in sound quality is tiny and not worth the capital outlay.
That's interesting.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Only my opinion of course, could be much different with other speakers/amps. :)
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

If you are talking about single and bi amping. That reflects my early experience but I didn't go back. I suspect if I need gone back to the single amps, I would have noticed what I was missing. Anyway, I'm listening to for amps now and loving it.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

How have the Pros settled in Terry? Perhaps an updated impressions post when you have a moment?

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

terrybooth wrote:If you are talking about single and bi amping. That reflects my early experience but I didn't go back. I suspect if I need gone back to the single amps, I would have noticed what I was missing. Anyway, I'm listening to for amps now and loving it.
Yes you're probably right. If I'm ever struggling to hear a difference I find it becomes much easier going backwards.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

My BMU arrived today and there was no one home. The courier left a note through the door naming a place where I can pick it up, with no address. The box saying it will be delivered tomorrow was not ticked and I am very concerned. The card did not have a phone number I can contact them on. If anyone has a phone number for ups, please pass it on to me as I need it to be delivered tomorrow when my wife will be home.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc