BMU considerations

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: BMU considerations

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Sorry about the picture, it has black sockets now, if 13amp or Europlug, grey if 15ampUK.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

You missed something. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NVA-BMU-balan ... SwRLZT8Mc5

Thanks.

I am wondering if the BMU would provide benefits if a desk top PC was plugged into it, as well as the amplification. My main sauce is streamed Tidal Hi-Fi through the PC.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I don't know never plugged my computer into it, just the DAC.

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Doc, are there any pros and cons are there to getting the 15amp round pin socket version? Would it effect trade in value of the amp and Phono 1 if it has had the moulded plug cut off to fit a round pin plug?
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

If you intend to keep the BMU then there is a *small* benefit to 15amp, but yes it will lower the interest for sell on as the 15 amp is little recognised in the hi-fi market.

As it stands unless you are going for ultimate solutions such as applemarc who has re-wired his hi-fi room with 15amp it is not worth the difference.

Quarknosis

Thanks Doc, hopefully I'll be able to order one soon :)
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Quarknosis

I've just had e mail confirmation that my BMU has been despatched :grin: Looking forward to receiving it and listening to what effect it has. Any tips on how to get the best out of it? I've managed to make space for it and allow it to go on the floor by adding some legs to lift my rack higher so it can sit underneath now.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Not sent yet. I mark it as sent when it leaves me and goes down to Nadia for packing, otherwise I forget :oops: She will pack tomorrow, collection booked for Monday by UPS (via Interparcel) delivery to you Tuesday.

Quarknosis

No Problem Doc, as long as I know it's coming next week I can make arrangements.

I don't suppose there are any traded in SSP mk2 available at the moment are there? I'm planning on getting some as my next purchase but if some could come at the same time as the BMU that would be good.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Quarknosis wrote:Any tips on how to get the best out of it? .
This is real plug'n'play stuff. Plug it into the wall. Plug your amps into it. Play. :grin:

When I got mine, I plugged one side into it and left the other side in the wall (mono block amps). The result was like those HDTV Dems you see in Curry's. :mrgreen:
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro