A new Italian Spider

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

A new Italian Spider

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Sandman
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: A new Italian Spider

Unread post by Sandman »

MX5 in drag, but non the worse for it
Turntable Double platter Lenco GL75 re-plinthed / Hadcock GH242SE Copper / NVA SC cable Cartridges Decca London Blue & Gold Phono NVA Phono2 2x PSU CD Audiolab 6000CDT > Teac UD-H01 Streamer Bluesound Node2 > Teac UD-H01 Pre NVA P90SA Power (Tweeters) NVA A30 Power (Mid/Bass) NVA Forum LE mono Interconnects NVA SSP Speaker Cable (Tweeter) NVA LS5 Speaker Cable (Mid/Bass) NVA LS6 Speakers NVA Cube2 Mains NVA BMU

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Joint development - bodywork is extended on the Fiat to give a much more balanced visual statement, as per the original

Engines will be different - the Fiat Multiair turbo units are well respected and sound great. My nephew has one in his Giulietta
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Still rather have one of these:

Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I had one, lots of problems in between the pleasure.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Don't know why people want the old models. Money pits. What we need is a British made sports car under £20K. Unless Tata do it under Rover or Triumph (later still owned by Ford) it won't happen. Chinese running MG are incapable and few buy their cars in UK. Who would touch something made of Chinese made parts? It was a duff Chinese made transmission that nearly did for London Taxi company in Coventry. Mrs May is right to keep em clear of building Nuclear power stations. Not so sure about Italian quality even today but at least the brand has some cache.

The best car investments apparently are VW camper vans with old rust buckets fetching £20-30K. Increasing in value at 10% a year. Used to be able to get one for a few quid.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I had one of those as well :lol: :lol: bought it from new on the never never UGH903M Blimey :shock: I still remember the reg. Loved that to, apart from the engine rev governor that kicked in at about 70mph when you were in the outside lane and trying to overtake a milk float :lol: :lol:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Classicrock wrote:Don't know why people want the old models. Money pits. What we need is a British made sports car under £20K. Unless Tata do it under Rover or Triumph (later still owned by Ford) it won't happen. Chinese running MG are incapable and few buy their cars in UK. Who would touch something made of Chinese made parts? It was a duff Chinese made transmission that nearly did for London Taxi company in Coventry. Mrs May is right to keep em clear of building Nuclear power stations. Not so sure about Italian quality even today but at least the brand has some cache.

The best car investments apparently are VW camper vans with old rust buckets fetching £20-30K. Increasing in value at 10% a year. Used to be able to get one for a few quid.
Well it depends on why you want a convertible sports car. Personally I want something born of a passion, not just rolled off a production line like everyone else's. They do require an amount of tlc to keep them at their best and that's the point, if you put in the effort you have something special. It's the same reason I have a 20 year old British motorbike. Also, if the old model is broken you can fix it.
The VW campers are indeed going up in value but it would only be the rare models, such as the Samba, that could fetch that sort of money as a project. Mini Coopers and particularly Cooper S's are another. I'd love another one of those once I'm retired.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Classicrock wrote:What we need is a British made sports car under £20K. Unless Tata do it under Rover or Triumph (later still owned by Ford) it won't happen. Chinese running MG are incapable and few buy their cars in UK.
Given MG's heritage I thought they might offer reasonable performance, 0-60 times are abysmal (if meaningless in practical terms), nothing in their range looks even remotely interesting.