Amazon

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Amazon

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Do you think it is time I (nva) went on Amazon instead or as well as eBay - opinions.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Amazon

Unread post by terrybooth »

Nva is a business. What is the business driver?
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

The Permed One
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by The Permed One »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Do you think it is time I (nva) went on Amazon instead or as well as eBay - opinions.
Can you cope with more orders?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes, do you want to give me one. Brexit has knocked my turnover back by about 50% both in build up to poll and after result. No UK orders of any consequence, not just me for others (like cars) it is far worse. You lot ain't buying anything - stunned into a state of shock. My current orders are from Europe and Far East taking advantage of the pound.

Anyway I am getting fed up with eBay they are messing me around with my listings.

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

I used to sell the odd CD via Amazon and I found it much better than eBay, it was far less hassle and fees were only charged once an item sold. I haven't sold anything online for ages so I don't know what eBay's fee structure is like now.

I would have thought that more people would be looking for Hi Fi on eBay but there doe seem to be plenty of reviews for amps and CD players on Amazon so it might be more popular than I thought for audio. I don't see what harm it would be to give it a try, it might at least open up some orders for people who come across NVA who aren't already aware of it.

As for as orders go I've got some plans in the pipeline. I just need to get my payment methods sorted out.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Amazon has a very informative review section for products, real comments from ordinary people. I often look for a Amazon review to get a balanced idea if I'm considering getting a CD or electronics.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Art Vandelay
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Art Vandelay »

Two things :
- Amazon are very tough on stock levels. They demand that you keep availability levels high. Not sure they will allow build to order.
- They allow returns for any reason and issue full credit regardless of the condition of the return. A friend's business reckon that half of their Amazon returns are worthless, mainly because they are poorly packed.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

That sounds horrendous :shock:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

That was my concern . Is amazon compatible with your build to order business model ? Amazon prime members get guaranteed next day delivery. Not all things they sell are subject to prime conditions so I do not know what the situation is .

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

The cheaper electronics aren't individually built to order, but in batches, so a select range, say A20/P20 or AP20 could maybe be tried. Even the P20 on its own to start with as the price is so good and sonics so high?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...