Dealer Poll

All general audio posts go here.
mules
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dealer Poll

Unread post by mules »

Defending your opinion is not welcome here or there......I'm not surprised that the Prof got seven days off.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is not defending your opinion it is how you do it. We have very few rules but ad hominem, questioning admin decisions publicly (do it by PM), continual repetition of the same argument (circular) with no additional information will draw admin in and lead to strikes. In this case I really don't know what you people expect of me. Prof runs a forum, we had the same argument there - he banned me. I have made three requests to be re-instated all ignored = bloody rudeness. He comes here and starts the same thing all over again, I have not banned him I have applied our rules. As I said conflicting ideas and arguments are not a problem deliberate creation of conflict is, he is on the naughty step for 7 days to see if he can work out the difference.

Orc 201267

Unread post by Orc 201267 »

Orc 201267 wrote:ADMIN EDIT - questioning admin decisions in public - 1st strike.
ADMIN EDIT - it seems you already had a strike from 29th Feb so this last one was 2nd and this one for again questioning admin decisions is 3rd, so 7 days on naughty step for you as well.
Life is to short to do all the things I want to do

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OK back on subject.

The point in Profs argument about how much the manufacturer makes is pointless and immaterial and has to be seen as a fixed, the man / company makes it so he decides how much he charges. There are obvious rip-off merchants, but that is normal for this industry, and I see the forums as the means to Naim and shame. That is not the point of this thread, the point is the ADDED cost of distributors and retailers who are an on cost that adds no extra value to the product but just provides a means of accessing the product that USED (pre web) to be completely necessary. Now that necessity is at the very least questionable and people now have a choice in some cases not to pay that extra and as time goes on and the dealers die so it will become the norm IMO.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

The Real Professor wrote:
jammy395 wrote:
Just what is it the slimy hifi dealers do to justify fleecing you rotten.... :evil:

Recomend shit whilst saying "Ooooh, Suits you Sir"..... :angry-screaming:
James did you read my post above? 16-20% for offering you a choice? and taking your trade in too, hardly fleecing you is it? They also offer a choice, which is more than ANY manufacturer does.

You seem happy to trot out the Docs mantra, but where are your numbers? I just put up some numbers, care to comment? Doc seemed to think 20% for other markets was a fair margin, Doc has put up some numbers, albeit it mostly wrong, and in reality discussing manufacturers who are selling their kit at 12 and more times the cost ex factory, and he's accusing dealers of fleecing you ;)

Fuk numbers. your mantra is fukin cak.
This is HFS not AOS.... :lol: :shifty: I

WHAT A FLAWED FUKED UP EXISTANCE YOU LEED ...PLEASE EXCUSE IM ON A FUKIN KINDLE its dooing my head in.... :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:

ps ther really is no need for reems a reems of pinkievlike posts .....a few lines will suffice

:angry-screaming: :bulls1:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

For his performance and attack on me and us at TCN The Real Professors ban is now made permanent. So now there is equality the same as done to me at TCN has now been applied to him.

There is a sad predictability in all this. Why do some people find it impossible to have a discussion where there is disagreement without it being turned into conflict. All you need to do is keep it on subject, discuss the content not the person, and don't use repetition as a tool to try and *win*. It seems the Prof can't do this or more to the point he can't do it with me. For those who wish to see the parts of the thread that were admin removed, they are copied on the loan thread at TCN, which makes that thread very confusing.

Oh and of course he has removed the ability for his members to get NVA loans - petty eh!

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Well that went well .

Can not see any point in offering my opinion but I would contrast this "Why do some people find it impossible to have a discussion where there is disagreement without it being turned into conflict."

with this
Fuk numbers. your mantra is fukin cak.
This is HFS not AOS.... :lol: :shifty: I

WHAT A FLAWED FUKED UP EXISTANCE YOU LEED

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Once again back on subject.

As with all argument you can obfuscate and lay smoke screens over anything. That is what has been done to the discussion, and per usual deflected into personalities. BUT it is very simple when the smoke is blown away. Hi-Fi dealers used to be needed as there was no other way for a manufacturer to *offer* his new designs to the public. Hi-Fi Magazines used to be needed as there was no other way for a potential customer to find out about product. Both were subject to corruption, and my word did it happen, as both acquired status (especially reviewers) beyond what should have been reality (yest that word again). Both caused you to pay far more for you desire than proper and cartels and brainwashes like the flat earth had control. Along came the web so now both of them can be avoided and the cost of them can be removed from the price you pay. Is it though, well that is what this thread is about education! as it obviously can, but the people who have been taking your money for decades obviously don't want to give it up.

So after education comes action as only you can change things, refuse to let them continue doing it, buy good 2nd hand, only buy new from eople who remove these on costs and supply you direct. It will eventually happen, it has to, and sooner done the sooner mended.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It is not possible to sustain an in-principle argument against hifi dealers .

they exist so some people want them - FACT .

You [me ] may not like it , but there is much about the world a do not like.

Also there is an assumption in your argument that what sustains them is a lack of education on the users part . This is not universally correct , people weigh up the pros can cons and make their own mind up .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

So I am wasting my time and should just give in and sell through retailers :roll: