SSPmk2 Oh Gawd,,,,,

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: SSPmk2 Oh Gawd,,,,,

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I decided that 50cm was more acceptable re return for the work, but for some reason someone convinced me to to put 40cm up and in a soft moment I complied. The 40cm sc is to give as cheap a nva start option as possible, I make next to no money on it.

So you order a 40cm set of SSP2 and then I will remove the listing.

walterwhite
Been thanked: 0
Wales

Unread post by walterwhite »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I decided that 50cm was more acceptable re return for the work, but for some reason someone convinced me to to put 40cm up and in a soft moment I complied. The 40cm sc is to give as cheap a nva start option as possible, I make next to no money on it.

So you order a 40cm set of SSP2 and then I will remove the listing.
Awww.... you made me feel mean now, so I ordered 50 cm. :violin:
Bi-amped A80's, P90sa, LS6, AP10h, Phono2/2 PSU's, BMU, SSC, SSP2, Raspberry pi/Durio Sound Dacs, Rega RP6/Dynavector 10x5, Royd RR2.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have tried to be progressive with the cable and price accordingly. SC, SSC, SSP2 are based on the same raw cable in different configs and quantities, so the sound is naturally progressive. TIS is different raw cable and does things the others don't do, but also has the same attributes. TIS is very much cake icing, if the system is not looking for what it does or is masking those charcteristics then basically the system is not ready for it. That is not an insult, it could still be a very good system, but the musical angles may be wrong for showing what it does.

I originally found the TIS raw cable in 1992 but apart from making a few cables I didn't progress with it as its cost didn't justify the benefit. That is one of the reasons I know my designs have progressed since then as now the difference does justify the cost.

walterwhite
Wales

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:TIS is very much cake icing, if the system is not looking for what it does or is masking those charcteristics then basically the system is not ready for it.
Doc, you may remember that I had the TIS on loan a while back, and my gut feeling was that it was overkill for my 'Black Box' based system. If the SSP mk2 is the same but more of what the SSC delivers then it'll be just what I'm after. I'll let you know when it's been in my system for a while.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:That is not an insult, it could still be a very good system, but the musical angles may be wrong for showing what it [TIS] does.
I defy anyone to show me that the system I have is anything other than very good indeed. So good in fact that I feel no need to upgrade to Statement amps. A system for life, not just for Christmas. ;)
Bi-amped A80's, P90sa, LS6, AP10h, Phono2/2 PSU's, BMU, SSC, SSP2, Raspberry pi/Durio Sound Dacs, Rega RP6/Dynavector 10x5, Royd RR2.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It doesn't have to be the amps, it could even be your lecky supply. So many things effect the synergy of a system, including our individual choices and taste. There is only one thing that is important, your music and if you are happy with it - THE ONLY CRITERIA OF A GOOD SYSTEM...

walterwhite
Wales

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:There is only one thing that is important, your music and if you are happy with it - THE ONLY CRITERIA OF A GOOD SYSTEM...
Then I have a good system based on those criteria. :dance:

The BMU was a performance quantum leap for me, so I assume that's taken care of any issues with the electricity supply. Otherwise, synergy I have aplenty.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

John, the short length TIS in my workroom setup is total overkill, but it's this that makes the QED Digit Opto (twin supplies) really listenable at all in all honesty.

The SSPmk2 is a fine cable and is perfect for most systems I promise you. It does build on the SSC, but is definitely cut from the same cloth. YNwoan hates it, so it must be really good :D
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

walterwhite
Wales

I'm looking forward to hearing it, and will report my impressions on the cable once it's been in my system for a while.