Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

There is a distinctly hyperbolic ignorant and rascist element to eu opposition.

Alfi if you can find me one job in the uk advertised only outside the uk .i wll eat mt pt at scalfold.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Here's a good start and just look at the wage offered for a nurse with one year experience! Set the wage aside - one year experience for a fecking nurse!

https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... rev=search

This doesn't help either…

https://ec.europa.eu/eures/public/en/wh ... bout_eures

Dan, the EU itself is racist, I have many ethnic acquaintances, colleagues and friends so I cannot be tarred with that brush.

There is something sinister to all that's happening across Europe right now and it isn't going to end well whichever way the vote goes, but I'm for out.

Alfi
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Daniel Quinn

It is illegal to employ nurses from abroad unless you have previously tried to fill the position from UK nurses .

the question that needs to be asked if why are health authority unable to find UK nurses to do the job ?

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

You are absolutely correct Dan! But this is what's been going on for years. We have bright young people but it's cheaper to employ from abroad than to train our own. I see it in the in industry I'm currently working in and it is doomed to fail. This approach saves money now but causes big problems further down the road.

The biggest problem with the heath service is far too many managers. Managers who have zero or little experience of what is needed to provide an efficient and effective service. Hospitals are being run like businessses for profit but thsse managers have little experience of what is require to provide an efficient effective service The NHS is a service first and foremost, yes it needs to keep cost reasonable for he service it provides but privatising large parts of it is not working - mangers and executives lucrative salaries etc.. The service is not working so cut their salaries to reflect poor performance.. This is what happens to those down the ladder if the y do not perform, but execs etc always appear to get a nice bonus.

I have witnessed the good and bad sides of the Health service having suffered a brain haemorrhage 11 years ago and subsequent stroke which due to incompetence and abdication of care at one hospital.. Once my wife threatened to seek legal advice on he matter that they didm not eel it necessary to CT scan me - when they did they shit themselves, realising my wife who is a first aider was right in her diagnosis in that I was probably suffering internal bleeding, so I was sent to an excellent hospital and was given the proper care and treatment for my condition.

Best managers for Hosptitals are those who have experience of providing proper care through proper training and an ability to speak our language.. Matrons, Ward Sisters etc and health service run cleaners not the likes of agency people who don't know how to clean which I have seen - lazy bastards who just hang around talking with thick fluff and dust behind beds! It isn't just some Brits who are lazy! But there again you pay peanuts you get monkeys!
I am in the hi-fi trade.

Daniel Quinn

"As a business owner who exports to the continent as well, I would be hard hit of we leave the EU. Presently continental buyers pay the VAT on a UK purchase to me. But if we leave then I would have to sell goods to them VAT free. They will then have to pay VAT at their local rate, which can be as much as 25% in some countries. To do that, it will no doubt mean that customers will have to pay the VAT to an as yet unknown entity (in the UK it would be the courier who does the collection of the VAT), before they get their parcel. If they wish to send it back for some reason, they would then have to somehow reclaim their VAT. So the process would be so messy, it would be far too troublesome to order anything from the UK. "

these are the words of stanleyb on AOS thread about euro in/out . This by far the most sensible post on that threads and is a concrete illustration of the divergence in market conditions if we leave .

no need to read the thread however , the rest of the thread is complete bollocks and consists of marco talking shite , macca getting away with ridiculous statement cause there is no one of AOS intelligent enough to pull him up on it and pinky calling ninanina and warplugis national front supporters :lol: .

Macca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Macca »

Daniel Quinn wrote:"As a business owner who exports to the continent as well, I would be hard hit of we leave the EU. Presently continental buyers pay the VAT on a UK purchase to me. But if we leave then I would have to sell goods to them VAT free. They will then have to pay VAT at their local rate, which can be as much as 25% in some countries. To do that, it will no doubt mean that customers will have to pay the VAT to an as yet unknown entity (in the UK it would be the courier who does the collection of the VAT), before they get their parcel. If they wish to send it back for some reason, they would then have to somehow reclaim their VAT. So the process would be so messy, it would be far too troublesome to order anything from the UK. "

these are the words of stanleyb on AOS thread about euro in/out . This by far the most sensible post on that threads and is a concrete illustration of the divergence in market conditions if we leave .

no need to read the thread however , the rest of the thread is complete bollocks and consists of marco talking shite , macca getting away with ridiculous statement cause there is no one of AOS intelligent enough to pull him up on it and pinky calling ninanina and warplugis national front supporters :lol: .
You have conveniently overlooked the fact that I explained to Stan on that same thread why this would not be an issue. It is the carriers responsibility to collect duty and tax which the carrier then pays to the government of the nation in which the goods are delivered. if the carrier fails to collect then they still have to pay the government. This is how it has worked for many, many years in all jurisdictions.

I suspect you either didn't understand that or were hoping no-one here had read the thread in full and you could pull the wool over their eyes.

I'm guessing it was the former.

Daniel Quinn

I didn't , VAT and customs charges are not the same .

the point of a diverging market equalling more paperwork ,hassle and ridiculous and thus deterring both small and large scale procedures remains . You did not negate it with your comments

Macca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Macca »

They are not the same but both are collected by the carrier and the carrier - in law - is responsible for paying them on to the government.

You are falling into the trap of assuming that a 'leave' decision means that all arrangements will stop overnight. Whilst that is what Cameron and Osbourne would like you to think, the fact is our withdrawal from the political aspect of the EU will be gradual, our withdrawal from the free trade area need not happen at all, and even if it did it would again be gradual.

In any case there is no reason to assume that new arrangements to streamline international trade cannot be put into place. All those European exporters will not want to see their lucrative UK market closed or made more difficult for them to sell into.

Daniel Quinn

I think you will find I have said nothing will happen overnight but as time goes by the more divergent markets will get . However taxation is one of the things that will change immediately out of necessity .

you are wrong with the free trade element , I would refer you to Norway . All the expense of being a none member trader none of the benefits .

basically , it will be - If you want to trade in Europe this is what you must do and we wont even have a say .

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

We are not Norway or Switzerland . We could be Great Britain again instead of Camoron's constant references to Britain in all his speeches on the EU issue.

We do not need nor be dictated to by unelected dictators. That's the main issue here Dan, Britain being told what to do . We are nation state not the EU's cash cow.
I am in the hi-fi trade.