BMU

All things NVA
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BMU

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:There are more ludicrous things, just seen this on AoS as an example https://walkeraudio.com/shop/crystal/ how can anyone buy these things.
Well it seems (awkwardbydesign) has....... :doh:

No I didn't. "I decided to take them up on their free trial offer (£5 p+p) before dismissing them." Is what I said. That doesn't mean I DID dismiss them, just that I wasn't prepared to prejudge them. And now I have tried them I have an opinion. But just not prepared to share it at the moment. (awkward).

Aw......go on, go on, go on - No one will laugh, honest :laughing-rolling:

joe

Unread post by joe »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Are your drunk ?

what he said was a statement of fact . all dealers that pissed doc off are dead .
No he didn't. He said 'Most of the dealers' that pissed the doc off are dead/retired/closed, which would imply that some aren't.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

FFS , paraphrasing is by definition not semantically precise .

it still remains a statement of fact not a point of view . If the forum was reduced to statements of fact it would have less readers than audioflat .

joe

Unread post by joe »

Daniel Quinn wrote:FFS , paraphrasing is by definition not semantically precise .

it still remains a statement of fact not a point of view . If the forum was reduced to statements of fact it would have less readers than audioflat .
And yet without statements of facts it would just be a bunch of opinions.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Looking down on empty streets, all she can see
Are the dreams all made solid
Are the dreams all made real

All of the truths and all of those facts
Were once just an opinion
In somebody's head

[with apologies to Peter Gabriel ]

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:That is 600 miles for Jammy, so you lose a very possible customer. Packing NVA is a skill Nadia will advice you on. Since she took over the packing I have very few problems, those left are mostly to do with transformers breaking loose. I can't use a through bolt and keep to class II regs and I use some BIG transformers especially in the BMU. At the moment it is multi glue layers inside the doughnut and around the outside. If anyone else has any ideas I would appreciate input.
Nylon threaded Rod with washers and nuts. May need to source bespoke sizes.

http://www.componentforce.co.uk/categor ... readed-rod
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Tried it, not as strong as the glues. Basically because the nylon bolt anchors on the acrylic base and it is that then splits and cracks at the hole the bolt goes through.

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Well after leaving leaving everything plugged into the BMU for 4 days, and being happy with the sound, it was time to revert back to the RA block. Numerous cds were used, occasionally swapping back to using the BMU neither my brother or myself could hear any difference. I will say we did not have the fuse trip out this time so all was good. Upon DSJR's advice we plugged the equipment into the RA block and plugged that into the BMU. Again to our ears the difference was minimal, maybe there was a slight amount of improvement in musicality, but reverting back to the RA sq was bloody good. Having read the reports on the BMU this has left us wondering why the improvement was not greater. We live in a block of flats and assumed rightly or wrongly that the mains would not be the greatest. Again thanks to the Doc for allowing us to borrow the BMU, its a real advantage to be able to hear equipment in your own room.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Apologies, I hadn't read the above before sending you PM :roll:

Not everyone has bad mains, but believe me, when you have, you know it, in my experience...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Another bargain BMU available. It is a return from Belgium (decided he didn't need it) so has Schuko sockets. Now Schuko are better plugs that UK 13amp and are perfectly legal to use as long as the BMU wall plug has fuse in it. Or perfect if you are based on the continent. Plugs are available widely. A bit fingered but no scratches or damage so only £50 off - so £450 to you.