Now this is what I call a rack

All general audio posts go here.
Theo
Great Britain

Re: Now this is what I call a rack

Unread post by Theo »

Cheers Ash - it's a great room to be in. Chilly in winter mind...

Three racks were dispensed with: all equipment now either sits on the record storage boxes, or on two wall shelves. I don't miss them at all.
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

Firebug1
Finland

Unread post by Firebug1 »

Stunning space :guiness;
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I haven't heard them but people who I trust their judgement have (gromit), those Jamo open baffles are supposed to be very good. I must admit I was prejudiced against Jamo as they really made some crap in the 70s and 80s, but it seems they must have employed someone who knows something.

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

I think Richard likes them... :lol:

Like all equipment, you realise that after a while you get used to any idiosyncrasies and learn to live with the sound, providing the system communicates - and this one does, of that there is no doubt. Some might question it on sonic grounds, but I love it and that's all that matters. If I was minded to mess around again, I would have bid for the Pioneer P3 that just went, but to me, it's not that important anymore to have the extra 0.01% of performance.

Sorry, bit off topic...
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I haven't heard them but people who I trust their judgement have (gromit), those Jamo open baffles are supposed to be very good. I must admit I was prejudiced against Jamo as they really made some crap in the 70s and 80s, but it seems they must have employed someone who knows something.
Some of the Jamo series' from the 1990's was very good indeed (I thought it was the Concert series but it wasn't - beech coloured well priced cabs with black trim at the top-front - CLASSIC Series it was!). Fairly hollow but good sounding boxes in dire need of mass loading and the absolute minimum of crossover bits, although caps were good. They didn't look bad either I remember.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

These are the ones I have:

http://www.jamo.com/search/?ks=R909

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

They don't seem to be amoungst the current range, which seems to just duplicate the modern Klipsch models. Klipsch now own them.

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

Yes, I think they stopped making them a couple of years ago.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Silly them then.