Agolf Twittler's stormtroopers hit the Capitol

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Agolf Twittler's stormtroopers hit the Capitol

Unread post by terrybooth »

Although, when I see a Trump supporter talking about Trump 'sacrificing his golden years' rather than realising he's fleecing the American people because he's broke and owes $400 million plus, I'm inclined to change my mind.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

The American Civil war is regrettably still an issue for far too many. I saw this first hand a good while ago when I worked for Shell. I was sent with a few others to a back and beyond coastal swamp area somewhere in Texas. The place was so remote it had one commercial establishment which served as a motel/diner/store and our small group was initially refused any food and drink because the staff thought we were "Yankees" 🙄
It wasn't the type of place to make a fuss as nearly everyone carried a weapon. Once I got to bottom of the problem I showed our passports and everything was sweetness and light. I couldn't get out of the place fast enough, it was truly red neck central.
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
terrybooth (Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:41 am)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

nilsatisnisioptimum wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:33 pm I would prefer to see him rot in jail until his dying day than be executed. The problem for me is even if he is jailed so many Americans voted for him that I suspect he would have a very cushy prison life, one distinctly different to your normal American prisoner
I'd like to see him fitted with a Pinocchio nose. :liar:
If his nose grew every time he said something that was a lie or is a gross exageration, it would be big enough to bridge the Atlantic by now. :tools-hammerdrill:
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post:
terrybooth (Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:41 am)

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Reported is that behind-the-scenes pressure has been exerted on Trump to concede and denounce his supporters, otherwise VP Pence and the cabinet would formally remove him from the presidency.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

If he's removed under the 25th amendment it's classed as a "temporary removal" as all it means is that the president is not "currently" fit to serve, so would not bar him from running again in the future.

If articles of impeachment are served and he's convicted he is still able to run again in the future,

The only way to stop him running again is to impeach him and remove him from office (which is why his first impeachment doesn't preclude him from running again) under the terms of the impeachment.

Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution provides:
The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

Although that clause in Article II—which addresses the presidential executive branch—is silent on the question of whether an impeached and convicted president may become president again, Article I, Section 3 sort of answers the question:

Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States: but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment, according to law.

To give it the double-whammy the clause I've emboldened should probably be further defined to (which is permitted) include the actual title "Office of President," or similar, just to nail it down completely.

The main problem is that even if they were able to marshall the number of senators from both sides of the house to impeach Trump, the chances are that the impeachment could not be completed before he leaves office.

I've been doing my homework. :lol:
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
terrybooth (Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:13 am)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Fretless
Netherlands

Three White House advisers tell CNN that President Trump has no intention of resigning.

“None,” one adviser said of the chances of a resignation.

“Zero,” said another, adding: “He doesn’t think he did anything wrong.”

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Office:

Fretless
Netherlands

The man is deranged.

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska, citing conversations with senior White House officials, said on Hugh Hewitt's radio show that President Trump "wanted chaos on television" on Wednesday and was "confused about why other people on his team weren’t as excited as he was as you had rioters pushing against Capitol Police trying to get into the building."

In an interview Friday morning with Hugh Hewitt, Sasse also said Trump was talking about "a path by which he was going to stay in office after January 20."
These users thanked the author Fretless for the post:
slinger (Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:48 pm)

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Office:

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Too much time on my hands again. :lol:

These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
terrybooth (Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:56 pm)

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Bricks, thick, as. Rearrange to describe the red neck loons
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

This is Kevin Greeson

Police have confirmed that Kev is one of the people who died whilst attempting to storm the capitol building.

He was a rabid Trump supporter who wished death upon Nancy Pelosi and supported the Proud Boys. He also liked to pose (as you can see from the picture above) with his many long firearms and state that he was willing to do violence to those who don’t sufficiently support Donald Trump. The picture above was actually posted with an accompanying message of "I wish these motherf*ck*rs would come to my hood".

On the other hand, Greeson’s family, in a statement to AL.com, would have us believe that he was a “wonderful father and husband who loved life.” Greeson also “loved to ride motorcycles, he loved his job and his coworkers and he loved his dogs.”

The family statement went on to say that while Greeson was an advocate for Trump, and attended the rally outside the Capitol, he was “not there to participate in violence or rioting, nor did he condone such actions.”
Kevin had a history of high blood pressure, and in the midst of the excitement, suffered a heart attack,” the statement said. “Our family is devastated. We are thankful for all of the thoughts and prayers and appreciate privacy at this time as we grieve.

Believe who you like, but the pictures and screen grabs of his posts are in the wild, including a Tweet in support of Hydroxychloroquine as a cure for COVID.

Now, here's where stuff gets a bit hazy, because although this story is all over social media I haven't been able to verify its authenticity officially, but I really hope it's true.

He stormed the Capitol yesterday with a taser concealed in his pants. [That part has, apparently, been confirmed, the next bit hasn't]

He was in the process of stealing a portrait of Tip O’Neill when he accidentally & repeatedly discharged the taser in his pants.
The ' trigger' was stuck in the on position after being caught up in a fold in Greeson's trousers. He repeatedly tased himself in the balls until he suffered a fatal heart attack.