Opinions on how the Government have handled the coronavirus outbreak

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Docfoster
Wales

Re: Opinions on how the Government have handled the coronavirus outbreak

Unread post by Docfoster »

I couldn't resist a little doodle...
These users thanked the author Docfoster for the post (total 5):
Fretless (Sun May 24, 2020 11:40 pm) • CN211276 (Sun May 24, 2020 11:44 pm) • slinger (Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 pm) • savvypaul (Mon May 25, 2020 12:01 am) • karatestu (Mon May 25, 2020 6:29 am)
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

savvypaul wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:27 pm The Daily Mail ask: What planet are they (Johnson and Cummings) on?

Virtue signalling lefties that the Daily Mail are...
Yes, I wasn't expecting that headline. Don't worry though, the Express is still the epitome of Little England propaganda. :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

slinger wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 pm
savvypaul wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:27 pm The Daily Mail ask: What planet are they (Johnson and Cummings) on?

Virtue signalling lefties that the Daily Mail are...
Yes, I wasn't expecting that headline. Don't worry though, the Express is still the epitome of Little England propaganda. :lol:
I've written to the Express with proof that Cummings is the fourth generation son of a Romanian immigrant. Expect a full on shitstorm...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

slinger wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:01 pm This is an interesting possible side effect following Johnson and his government's unequivocal support of Dominic Cummings.

4,000 Brits Could Now Appeal Lockdown Fines - Thanks to Dominic Cummings

The Government’s attempts to shore up the position of the Prime Minister’s chief advisor Dominic Cummings, by suggesting that the lockdown provisions are a matter of ‘individual responsibility’, may lead to the courts being swamped with appeals against fines imposed under its Coronavirus regulations.

Section 6 of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 states that no person may leave the place they are living without reasonable excuse. It then sets out the 13 situations which may be deemed reasonable. What it specifically does not do is set out a subjective test whereby individuals may ignore the regulations if they feel that that is the right thing to do, because such a clause would be a legal absurdity – a bit like saying that you can’t burgle someone’s house unless you think it is the right thing to do.

Section 9 of the same provisions gives the police the power to enforce these provisions and fines of up to £3,200 have been set in England (Wales has similar provisions but a maximum fine of £1,920).

The powers have been implemented enthusiastically by police forces around the country – if you are not able to provide an explanation under one of the 13 exceptions and you are away from home, you are convicted. So far, more than 14,000 people have been convicted and fined for breaching these regulations.

MORE
And look at the reaction I got on this forum when I questioned the legality of the Lockdown measures taken by the UK Government.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50582&sid=76d0aa033 ... 21d870e580

And then later in that thread expressed my concern at the way in which over-zealous or vindictive officials could abuse the badly written law passed through parliament.

The hypocrisy of either MP's or officials advising the government is no surprise to me. Hypocrisy is human nature in conditions like these.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

[quote=Lindsayt post_id=207790 time=1590389561 user_id=2766

The hypocrisy of either MP's or officials advising the government is no surprise to me. Hypocrisy is human nature in conditions like these.
[/quote]

Demonic Dom and Johnson have taken the hypocrisy..

My big worry is that many will think if Demonic Dom can get away with it in such a huge way then so can I. Second spike here we come.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

And what about all the long term premature deaths through poverty that will be caused by the draconian, economy wrecking restrictions imposed by the UK Government?

As well as the (repeated) precedent of the UK Government taking total control on the pretext of what it decides is a crisis?
World War I, World War II: didn't they display how much misery is caused when UK Governments take complete control over the population of this country?

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Lindsayt wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:45 am And what about all the long term premature deaths through poverty that will be caused by the draconian, economy wrecking restrictions imposed by the UK Government?

As well as the (repeated) precedent of the UK Government taking total control on the pretext of what it decides is a crisis?
World War I, World War II: didn't they display how much misery is caused when UK Governments take complete control over the population of this country?
There will be a lot more deaths from povery, as well as CV, if there is a second spike and full lockdown if people follow the example set by Demonic Dom.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Docfoster
Wales

Unread post by Docfoster »

Lindsayt wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:52 am The hypocrisy of either MP's or officials advising the government is no surprise to me. Hypocrisy is human nature in conditions like these.
Surely.
But so is integrity.
And the propensity to identify and cast-out those who have too little of it.
These users thanked the author Docfoster for the post:
NSNO2021 (Mon May 25, 2020 10:07 am)
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Docfoster wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:05 am
Lindsayt wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:52 am The hypocrisy of either MP's or officials advising the government is no surprise to me. Hypocrisy is human nature in conditions like these.
Surely.
But so is integrity.
And the propensity to identify and cast-out those who have too little of it.
I totally agree and always will. However I believe that whilst that once was instinctively the way the majority of the English electorate thought it's impossible to ignore the fact that Johnson has always had a reputation for not giving a toss about, the truth, rules or laws, he revels in his maverick profile. And yet knowing all of this the English electorate said yes please, so much so that he won the election by a very large majority. The fact that he continues to make what are to me dreadful but to him maverick decisions is not a surprise. Quite how this situation will end I have no idea but I do know it will cost lives and for that reason both Johnson and Cummings should go and not return.
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
Docfoster (Mon May 25, 2020 10:42 am)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

When we assent to give up freedoms for a period of time to achieve a greater good, then the government owes us competence and integrity, in return.

Lockdown was the right idea, but Johnson implemented it too late and without testing / tracing. If you follow the 'death curves', those countries that locked down when deaths were in single / double figures fared far better than countries that waited until deaths were in the hundreds. As we dithered and allowed hundreds of thousands to gather at football stadiums and the Cheltenham Festival, each day of delay cost thousands of lives.

Germany locked down on the same date as us, but when their number of deaths was 60 compared to our 360. They have 30,000 fewer deaths (that number may be far greater if we go by the excess deaths data) and they have been coming out of lockdown well ahead of us. German children have been returning to school since 10th May, football fans watch Bundesliga matches together in bars, and they've even been getting haircuts!

We are, once again, the sick man of Europe. Johnson is torn between his gung-ho capitalist instincts (reopening schools and workplaces without a test & trace regime in place), and his post ICU trauma timidness (deciding that a 14 day quarantine is required for travellers, just as others are lifting the quarantines that they implemented in February and March). He appears to be a man that has lost his nerve, rarely seen in public and struggling for coherence and conviction when he does have to make an appearance. He is surrounded by the weakest cabinet in history (through his own choosing) and betrayed by the sneering arrogance of his chief enforcer. If we needed proof that our sacrifice has been wasted, then Cummings is the face of that realisation.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post (total 2):
CN211276 (Mon May 25, 2020 11:12 am) • SteveTheShadow (Mon May 25, 2020 11:48 am)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/