Opinions on how the Government have handled the coronavirus outbreak

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Docfoster
Wales

Re: Opinions on how the Government have handled the coronavirus outbreak

Unread post by Docfoster »

I can't remember a UK government looking so out of its depth.
These are deep waters admittedly, but not sure these chaps have achieved higher than their 5m badges.
These users thanked the author Docfoster for the post:
karatestu (Mon May 11, 2020 6:56 am)
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

There should be a Government of national unity as during the Second World War. This is too big for any party government, this one in particular. All the more so with devolution and the split and confusion.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

The chaos of Brexit will save this government. They can issue their co-ordinated “call to arms” of a Great British future outside of the worlds biggest trading community- without actually providing any evidence of such a future. Then it will be the fault of the EU for not agreeing a deal and Johnson & co will be the plucky heros once more against the wicked “bendy bananas” foreign lot. Brexit is the gift that keeps giving for these toxic Tories, a mask to hide all deceit and incompetence.
These users thanked the author Copperblue for the post (total 2):
CN211276 (Mon May 11, 2020 10:54 am) • NSNO2021 (Mon May 11, 2020 10:55 am)
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

As of Wednesday I can in theory jump in my car and go fishing anywhere in England but I can't go fishing in Wales or Scotland. And as was correctly highlighted on the news last night what if you are Welsh or Scottish and normally working across the boarder on an English building site or an employee of a large UK organisation eg BT, the English contingent are told go back to work and our friends in Wales and Scotland are told you must stay at home. I don't care how well intentioned the cabinet is this is a needless, confusing mess all of its own making.
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
savvypaul (Mon May 11, 2020 11:24 am)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

They've had since the day we went into lockdown to work out plans for how to come out of it. They've managed to come up with little more than a blank sheet of paper. They haven't consulted properly with employers and trade unions. They haven't consulted properly with devolved governments and regional mayors. They haven't consulted properly with emergency services, schools, councils.

When Michael Gove pulled out of Johnson's leadership team at the last minute, leaving the way clear for Theresa May to become PM, he said that Johnson lacked focus, clarity and thoroughness.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
NSNO2021 (Mon May 11, 2020 4:16 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

There is a golf course with 15 holes in Wales and 3 in England. The police in Wales will be fining anyone who crosses the border. I can go fishing on Wednesday but will have to cross the Severn Bridge. :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Go back to work if you can, don't use public transport if you can avoid it, people trying to follow that advice are struggling in today while their bosses are still asking for "clearer guidance" about what's expected from them, and now Dominic Raab has turned around and said "we meant starting Wednesday,"

The police are telling the government that the new "advice" will make policing next-to-impossible, and have asked for "clearer guidance," complaining that said "advice" is "too loose and open to interpretation." In fact, the Police Federation for England and Wales said the ambiguity of the new measures could make an "already challenging" job, "impossible." Lockdown fines have risen from £60 to £100, so I'm sure that'll make the eejits who break the laws (whatever they are) even more sanguine and cooperative.

People flying into UK airports will be now be quarantined for 14 days, airlines are giving the government blank looks because nobody's told them how that's supposed to be implemented. Also, I'm guessing that they're as confused as the rest of us that people travelling from France have been exempted. Does that count if you changed planes in France after flying in from somewhere else? Who-the-fuck-knows?

Wales has told the rest of the UK (just England really) "Don't drive into Wales for your exercise." The government say it's now fine to drive somewhere to exercise. Northern Ireland will be publishing their new guidelines on Thursday. Scotland has just told us "Fuck off and come back when you've stopped trying to kill us all.

Visiting loved ones? "Use common sense, " is Raab's advice, which is pretty much the verbal equivalent of a gallic shoulder shrug. "Down to you pal, nothing to do with us, *shrug*

In fact, instead of the whole broadcast yesterday from Glorious Leader they might just well have put this onscreen for a quarter-of-an-hour.

Clear as mud.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

savvypaul wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:16 am
When Michael Gove pulled out of Johnson's leadership team at the last minute, leaving the way clear for Theresa May to become PM, he said that Johnson lacked focus, clarity and thoroughness.
Every government has probably got (at least) one slimy turd who makes the punters cringe, Michael Gove is one such person.

To quote him is not doing the anti Boris campaign any favours. :lol:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

valvesRus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:23 pm
savvypaul wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:16 am
Every government has probably got (at least) one slimy turd who makes the punters cringe, Michael Gove is one such person.

To quote him is not doing the anti Boris campaign any favours. :lol:
It's obvious that Gove has more grasp of detail than Johnson.

My post has material content, your post is your usual juvenile inanity.

lol... :roll:
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Being grown up is overrated in my (juvenile) opinion. :lol:

I'm sorry if "slimy turd" caused offence, but it seemed to me no worse than "fuckwit" which other posters have used to describe persons.

Whatever, I would not trust anything Gove has said, or will say.