Strictly Dancing.......

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Jammy Dodger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Strictly Dancing.......

Unread post by Jammy Dodger »

Harrison L6 is a fine Lathe, but it's the L10 that rocks........like a Rega 1 to a Rega 6.

I diverse.......Anika Rice is also on this year's Strictly, I had a crush on her, especially wearing that jump suits......I think she will do well.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

[/quote]

We do live in a leafy place. Opposite our terraced house is green grass and trees where the railway line used to pass through. There is a cycle path at the bottom and it really is a nice place to live. Unfortunately as the older folks have passed away private landlords have snapped up many of the properties and aren't that bothered about keeping them looking nice. We've lived here for forty years but we both feel we've done our time here and if we had the money we'd move on but we haven't so we can't. Yes I do have a large well equipped workshop which I share with a good mate just two minutes away from my house. I do have a lathe too, a Harrison L6.
[/quote]

Thats the klux of the matter, cash rich urbanites coming in and buying and ruining rural idyll,
I share your frustration, though you own a lovely home for a very long time, you don't own the view unfortunately.
Frank...made me do it.

Jammy Dodger

Unread post by Jammy Dodger »

Aye and always remember .......

"You can pick your friends but you can't pick your neighbors"

Buy a Castle.

Chopsaw54

Unread post by Chopsaw54 »

We do like it here but the area is getting a bit run down due in part to the number of renters that come and go. They're not all bad, we've had some nice neighbours but none of them ever did any real work on the property they rented and I can't really blame them given the state some of the houses are in.

Never messed with an L10. I'm happy with the L6 tbh. It does for me though I don't use it much now. It is handy to have though and I've just skimmed a pair of brake discs for my GTM K3.

Chopsaw54

Unread post by Chopsaw54 »

Admin - do not comment or challenge admin decision publicly. 1st strike applied.