Corbyn is an evil upstart monkey........

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Corbyn is an evil upstart monkey........

Unread post by CN211276 »

No one can deny that there is a lot wrong with the EU as has been highlighted in this thread. But leaving without a deal would be economic catastrophe. I am saddened that so many are blinded to what is so patently obvious. This blinkered outlook has enabled a motely crew of extreists to take over the Govenment and shut off democracy. I am shocked that this could happen in this country. I have not attended any form of demonstration for nearly forty years, but that could change on Tuesday when there is a pro democracy demonstration in Cardiff.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

George Hincapie
Great Britain

Unread post by George Hincapie »

CN211276 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:58 pm No one can deny that there is a lot wrong with the EU as has been highlighted in this thread. But leaving without a deal would be economic catastrophe. I am saddened that so many are blinded to what is so patently obvious. This blinkered outlook has enabled a motely crew of extreists to take over the Govenment and shut off democracy. I am shocked that this could happen in this country. I have not attended any form of demonstration for nearly forty years, but that could change on Tuesday when there is a pro democracy demonstration in Cardiff.
It's going to be painful for the UK *and* the EU. Which is why it's important for everyone to behave like adults and reach fair agreements on trade and other areas as quickly as possible, post Brexit.
Headphone Amplification
Linear Tube Audio MZ3

Headphones
HifiMan Sundara • HiFiMan Arya Stealth Edition • ZMF Vérité Closed Ltd (Stabilised) • ZMF Atrium Open Ltd (Hawaiian Koa) • ZMF Aeolus Ltd (Mexican Bocote)

Digital
Audial S5 • Pi2AES 2.0

Cables
Forza Audio Works • Blue Jeans • DH Labs • Periapt

Power
Farad • Tomanek

Sources
Roon • Tidal • Qobuz

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I'll dispute the fact that it was a fair vote. I don't believe it was, and I'll not lay the total blame for that at either door. Leave and Remain both lied through their eye teeth, but Leave had the biggest, shiniest (£350m to the NHS etc.) lies. It's always easier to win people over when you concentrate on what you say they'll get, rather than what they'll lose. People voted to leave, or at least a huge proportion of people voted to leave, on the promise of lots of good stuff and now they're being told that actually, the chances are, we're going to get bugger-all.

And there's always this. :lol:

I'm off to watch footy. Back later.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

George Hincapie
Great Britain

Unread post by George Hincapie »

slinger wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:04 pmPeople voted to leave, or at least a huge proportion of people voted to leave, on the promise of lots of good stuff and now they're being told that actually, the chances are, we're going to get bugger-all.
No offence, but you don't know that. You don't know what the driver was for each of the 17 Million+ people that voted Leave.
Headphone Amplification
Linear Tube Audio MZ3

Headphones
HifiMan Sundara • HiFiMan Arya Stealth Edition • ZMF Vérité Closed Ltd (Stabilised) • ZMF Atrium Open Ltd (Hawaiian Koa) • ZMF Aeolus Ltd (Mexican Bocote)

Digital
Audial S5 • Pi2AES 2.0

Cables
Forza Audio Works • Blue Jeans • DH Labs • Periapt

Power
Farad • Tomanek

Sources
Roon • Tidal • Qobuz

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

I know that xenephobia was a big driver of the leave vote.
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc

Jammy Dodger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Jammy Dodger »

Good idea......Footie time.
Will return later and explain to Slinger, CN, and all the other sore loosers why another referendum is not only a bad idea but a blow for democracy, but it defies belief that they actually don't know.

TTFN.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

CN211276 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:18 pm I know that xenephobia was a big driver of the leave vote.
Actually you don't even know that. People had different reasons. Remember remain had an overwhelming advantage in money available. Also people forget the govt leaflet that went to every house which clearly stated what leaving meant.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... the-uk.pdf

Note the paragraph that says 'A once in a generation decision'

These marches are not 'democracy' marches. They are anti Brexit marches which are driven largely by the communist click that has taken over Labour known as Momentum. I notice that John McDonald is one of it's cheerleaders. Do you consider this man fit to be chancellor? He was sacked by the GLC for cooking the books. Even Corbyn has been consumed by his own followers as I am sure he really wants to leave. This is an Anarchic rabble. If you think suspending parliament for 4 days in practice is an attack on democracy you are deluded or brainwashed by the rhetoric. When the battle is on the streets that is the end of democracy. Overturning the vote I predict will ultimately lead to civil war I believe. Any rerun of the referendum will result in greater division and violence. Probably more than one politician will be killed this time. If you take England outside of London and a few Urban areas there was a very clear margin to leave. Most of England if not Wales want out and that is something that can't be changed. They are now planning to block roads and disrupt other people going about their business. This is intolerable in my view and police should take a leaf out of the French authorities or even Hong Kong.
Last edited by Classicrock on Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

CN211276 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:18 pm I know that xenephobia was a big driver of the leave vote.
You don't know that, you can't know that, you can only assume.
It certainly wasn't the "driver" for me or anyone else I know who voted to leave. I also don't assume that I'm going to miraculously get better off by leaving but I still want to leave as we voted to do.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

It was the driver for a lot of people I know directly and indirectly, especially where Germany is concerned. More than enough to tip the narrow balance along with all the blatent lies which Slinger has highlighted.
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

CN211276 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:42 pm It was the driver for a lot of people I know directly and indirectly, especially where Germany is concerned. More than enough to tip the narrow balance along with all the blatent lies which Slinger has highlighted.
Now it's the Germans (who actually employ many of them) and I thought it was Poles and Romanians they were upset about. Problem is the Eu institutions and the whole idea of a European state. Also as pointed out there has been a shift of jobs to Europe in spite of being in EU. So that is hardly a worry for most. As for lies there were lots of half truths on both sides. I think most were intelligent enough to wade through all the claims and make a decision. Take the bus - obvious a lot of money going to the EU and there was never a direct claim that all that saved was going to the NHS.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)