Announcement - The 'new' Hi-Fi Subjectivist Forum

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Re: Announcement - The 'new' Hi-Fi Subjectivist Forum

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

Firstly, many thanks to Savvy and the team for the good news.

In my opinion, EOTW was Richard’s baby and it should stay that way. The archive is now the best place for the thread. On the other hand, DQ’s post immediately above carries a lot of sense. There’s nothing wrong in pointing out a charlatan or two. I like the idea of a blog.

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:32 am With all elements of the purchase document now agreed, and the completion process started, Tomasz and I will soon be throwing ourselves full time into the relaunch of NVA. While we are waiting to begin, we want to use this next few days to kickstart the relaunch of this forum.

HFS will continue to promote subjectivism, intelligence, knowledge, experience, lively debate and good humour...but the days of inter-forum conflict are over. We have far more in common with our fellow enthusiasts than there is to separate us. We are all on our own journey when it comes to hi-fi. If you have used this forum, in the past, to 'get your own back' on others elsewhere, then that time is up.

All things must pass. Richard created the forum for his own reasons, I will continue the forum for my own reasons. I am confident that now is exactly the right time to move to the next phase of HFS. The 'new' HFS will concentrate on being a place that is recognised for the very best advice in hi-fi, a place where value for money pearls of wisdom, bake-offs and get-togethers and interesting vintage and DIY projects get highlighted. I hope you will stay with us and continue to contribute and enjoy the forum.

Elsewhere On The Web

For better or worse, EOTW has been one of the defining features of the Hi-Fi Subjectivist Forum. Often it has been informative and witty, sometimes it has been uninformed, antagonistic and puerile. It has had positive results in highlighting misinformation and questionable practices and it has attracted many readers to HFS (though, few members), but it has too often been used as cover for personal abuse. I do not condone personal abuse and I will not let it continue.

When Richard created HFS and EOTW, NVA was Richard, alone. The 'new' NVA will involve at least 3 people, hopefully more. I have a duty of care to my colleagues and I want them to 'come to work' unburdened by inter-forum conflict.

I will not rewrite the past but I will separate it from the future. The EOTW threads are part of Richard's legacy, something that he created and was passionate about. They will be moved to an archive room and locked.

EOTW is now part of HFS history, only.

Forum Rules

The new HFS starts, today, with 'Day 1' and the following addition to the forum rules :

Members of other forums will be afforded the same 'no ad-hominem' protection as members here.

Address the content of the post or website, not the author. Play the ball and not the man.

General Amnesty & Open Door

'Day 1' also includes an amnesty for members who have previously been banned and an invitation to those who have simply 'fallen out' or drifted away. If you are willing to leave past baggage at the door, operate within the rules and make positive contributions, then now is the time to give HFS another try. We hope to see you, soon.

Mods / Admin Teams

I'm delighted to have a talented and dedicated team of mods and admins in place for the new HFS. Karatestu and Fretless join myself and Lindsayt as moderators and terrybooth and Slinger will take care of admin / IT duties. They are all long term contributors here and keen to help HFS to grow. Please show them every courtesy and give them your full support.

It's only...

Lastly, I would ask everyone to remember that 'it's only hi-fi'. No need to be defensive, no need to take ourselves too seriously. Maintain a sense of humour, treat others as you would wish to be treated, think of others as you would wish to be thought of.

Happy HFS!
All in all a fine construct!

---Tom---

Unread post by ---Tom--- »

Nice one. Looking forward to the full relaunch :epopc:

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

Excellent

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Nicely put Savvypaul, and good luck to our two new mods and of course the existing admin team.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

antonio66 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:37 pm Nicely put Savvypaul, and good luck to our two new mods and of course the existing admin team.
Thanks Dave. I really hope i have nothing to do :grin: Except cut bits off speakers with a chainsaw :character-jason:
DIY FREE ZONE

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Earlier on today, I activated a membership application from Rudolph Hucker (owner of the Snakeoil Audio forum).

My doing so is a chance for Mr Hucker to grasp the 'Day 1' opportunity we have offered and to cease the stream of personal abuse, cyber bullying and libel aimed towards members here, and NVA, from Snakeoil Audio members (including Mr Hucker).

If the unacceptable posting at Snakeoil Audio stops, Mr Hucker will be able to stay here.

If abuse, cyber bullying and libel continues at Snakeoil Audio, Mr Hucker will be removed and the issue of the unlawful content at Snakeoil will be put in the hands of our solicitor. I will not tolerate bullying or libel, from members here, or toward members here.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

Pleased to read of proposed changes to forum especially removal of EOTW. This will both help the 'new' NVA commercially and the forum to grow its members to the benefit of everyone.

Docfoster
Wales

Unread post by Docfoster »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:32 am With all elements of the purchase document now agreed, and the completion process started, Tomasz and I will soon be throwing ourselves full time into the relaunch of NVA. While we are waiting to begin, we want to use this next few days to kickstart the relaunch of this forum.

HFS will continue to promote subjectivism, intelligence, knowledge, experience, lively debate and good humour...but the days of inter-forum conflict are over. We have far more in common with our fellow enthusiasts than there is to separate us. We are all on our own journey when it comes to hi-fi. If you have used this forum, in the past, to 'get your own back' on others elsewhere, then that time is up.

All things must pass. Richard created the forum for his own reasons, I will continue the forum for my own reasons. I am confident that now is exactly the right time to move to the next phase of HFS. The 'new' HFS will concentrate on being a place that is recognised for the very best advice in hi-fi, a place where value for money pearls of wisdom, bake-offs and get-togethers and interesting vintage and DIY projects get highlighted. I hope you will stay with us and continue to contribute and enjoy the forum.

Elsewhere On The Web

For better or worse, EOTW has been one of the defining features of the Hi-Fi Subjectivist Forum. Often it has been informative and witty, sometimes it has been uninformed, antagonistic and puerile. It has had positive results in highlighting misinformation and questionable practices and it has attracted many readers to HFS (though, few members), but it has too often been used as cover for personal abuse. I do not condone personal abuse and I will not let it continue.

When Richard created HFS and EOTW, NVA was Richard, alone. The 'new' NVA will involve at least 3 people, hopefully more. I have a duty of care to my colleagues and I want them to 'come to work' unburdened by inter-forum conflict.

I will not rewrite the past but I will separate it from the future. The EOTW threads are part of Richard's legacy, something that he created and was passionate about. They will be moved to an archive room and locked.

EOTW is now part of HFS history, only.

Forum Rules

The new HFS starts, today, with 'Day 1' and the following addition to the forum rules :

Members of other forums will be afforded the same 'no ad-hominem' protection as members here.

Address the content of the post or website, not the author. Play the ball and not the man.

General Amnesty & Open Door

'Day 1' also includes an amnesty for members who have previously been banned and an invitation to those who have simply 'fallen out' or drifted away. If you are willing to leave past baggage at the door, operate within the rules and make positive contributions, then now is the time to give HFS another try. We hope to see you, soon.

Mods / Admin Teams

I'm delighted to have a talented and dedicated team of mods and admins in place for the new HFS. Karatestu and Fretless join myself and Lindsayt as moderators and terrybooth and Slinger will take care of admin / IT duties. They are all long term contributors here and keen to help HFS to grow. Please show them every courtesy and give them your full support.

It's only...

Lastly, I would ask everyone to remember that 'it's only hi-fi'. No need to be defensive, no need to take ourselves too seriously. Maintain a sense of humour, treat others as you would wish to be treated, think of others as you would wish to be thought of.

Happy HFS!
Well intentioned and well communicated. In all directions.
I’m thinking that a lot of thought, time and effort, and not a little courage, has been put into both the stated intentions and the well chosen words.
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Well done. I’m sure the moderators will be tested but this is a step in the right direction for NVA.
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s