Obfuscation

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Obfuscation and DQ.

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Nigel wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:05 pm Surely it's below the belt to start threads about individual forum members?
The only other one that we've had so far on this forum was one raised by Richard Dunn in response to a lot of personal critism he was getting at the time. I think that that thread served its' purpose in that it provided some mildly amusing entertainment and it took the wind out of the sails of the people that were criticing him.
It remains to be seen what will happen in this thread. So far it has provided some mild entertainment.

But yes, starting threads about individual members does set a dangerous precedent. Will someone start a thread now with ValvesRus as the topic? Where does it end? With a thread on every active member?
As a general comment on personal criticism, especially in the context of hi fi forums, often the criticism says nore about the person doing the criticising than it does about the person being criticised.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

It's better than 3 words daily or what are you eating right now.
DIY FREE ZONE

joe
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by joe »

karatestu wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:27 am It's better than 3 words daily or what are you eating right now.
Merge the two and have a 'Have you eaten your words today?' thread.

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Nigel wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:05 pm Surely it's below the belt to start threads about individual forum members?
This thread was started to explore "obfuscation" in general, but also how DQ observes what he thinks is "obfuscation".

So, although it's not about DQ per se, I wanted him to be included as the co-subject.

It's interesting that DQ has yet to make a meaningful comment on a subject he seems to have had strong words about in the past.

Personally, I don't think that "obfuscation" is a problem on this forum but I would like to hear from DQ as to what he feels. An example of what DQ classes as "obfuscation" (link to a previous post ?) would be useful.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Participation in any thread on this forum is entirely optional.

And if a thread was started where I was the co-subject, I would be reluctant to participate in it.

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Lindsayt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:08 am Participation in any thread on this forum is entirely optional.

And if a thread was started where I was the co-subject, I would be reluctant to participate in it.
OK, can you amend the thread title to eliminate the words "and DQ" please ?

joe

Unread post by joe »

Lindsayt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:08 am Participation in any thread on this forum is entirely optional.

If I was the co-subject I'd be in like Flynn, meself.

Daniel Quinn

Re: Obfuscation

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

The thread isn't worthy of comment, it's an exercise in obfuscation.

Lindsayt
Nauru

joe wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:06 am

What, like a swashbuckling Errol Flynn, swinging from the chandeliers to defeat all the baddies and save the day? :violence-duel:

joe

Unread post by joe »

Lindsayt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:24 am
joe wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:06 am

What, like a swashbuckling Errol Flynn, swinging from the chandeliers to defeat all the baddies and save the day? :violence-duel:
Yeah, only using words rather than swords. (I've just realised that words are swords, minus one s).