Richard Dunn

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Richard Dunn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

For me it began in 2010 with advise on series v parralell wiring. 8 years wasn't long enough. Goodbye Richard, my friend.

ArloFlynn
Ireland

Unread post by ArloFlynn »

So, so sad to hear. Always a gentleman, always a pleasure.
Kevin.

No Valves - Technics SL1210/Jelco/DL103 (vdh) - Phono2 - P50SA - A70's - Cubettes
Valves - Cambridge CD - World Designs Pre3 - WAD 6550 - Troels Gravesen CA18rnx speakers.

Firebug1
Finland

Unread post by Firebug1 »

Very sad news.
My condolences to his wife and family.
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...

upthehammers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by upthehammers »

so sad to hear of his passing,love him or hate him he stuck to his guns. RIP richard.

Dave Cawley

Unread post by Dave Cawley »

How terribly sad................

Richard and I often completely disagreed but we also had many things in common.

What is so sad is that he didn't have a final rant, he wasn't able to say goodbye and that we were not able to say goodbye to Richard.

R.I.P Richard
"if it measures well and sounds good, then it is good" : "if it measures badly and sounds bad then it is bad" : "if it measures badly and sounds good, then it could be improved" : "if it measures well but sounds bad then it is bad" © Dave Cawley

Bernard Quatermass
Great Britain

Unread post by Bernard Quatermass »

Very sad news. My condolences to his wife and family. I have read and followed Richard's postings for many years and always found him informative, helpful and entertaining.

RIP Richard.

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Met Richard a few times. I recall having interesting conversations about his love of Italy and many other topics. Extremely knowledgeable and his business model was to be commended. His products are a delight to listen to as well and I shall miss reading his posts. RIP.
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Richard was my saviour from a lifetime of continual disappointment and box-swapping, for that I am and will remain truly grateful. R.I.P Richard. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Welder

Unread post by Welder »

An exceptional man who I constantly disagreed with but one for who I had a great deal of respect.

My condolences to his family.
Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

---Tom---

Unread post by ---Tom--- »

I have just registered to say that I'm truly saddened by news of Richard's passing. I had the pleasure of meeting with him a couple of times, shortly before his health took a turn for the worse. These occasions were very memorable for me; he was good company, lively and engaging, with insight that went well beyond hifi, and he demonstrated a kindness and humility which might have been unexpected just on the stength of his online persona. It was also a real ear-opener to listen to my music (which he didn't like at all) through his system. I was looking forward to meeting with him again once his health improved. I hope a way can found to preserve the company and expand his legacy.