Losing weight

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
jimbob
Great Britain

Re: Losing weight

Unread post by jimbob »

Funnily enough I always sleep better when I have one before I go to bed. I know they’re not for everyone but I can’t imagine not having them now. Every now and then I will have a cold bath but they are brutal. I think the exposure to cold supposedly fires up the metabolism helping with weight loss. Long term is causes you to produce brown fat which in turn makes your body burn white fat as a way of keeping warm... or something like that! I do the cold exposure alongside breathing/meditation following the Wim Hof Method.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I prefer the bacon sandwich and hot shower method :lol: :lol:

The art or science of losing weight is simple - eat less.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

The bacon sandwich method is definitely something I can get on board with :grin:

Yep - eat less, move more!
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Too many sedentary people eating too much or the wrong things. I am guilty of eating too much, the wrong kind of food and probably boozing too much. My saving grace is i have a very physical job and never put much weight on, only a little in winter which disappears come spring time. By summer i am like a racing snake.
DIY FREE ZONE