Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, asshol

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, asshol

Unread post by savvypaul »

Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, assholes, scumbags...

I'm just about done with reading these phrases. In the context they are being used, I can't find any humour, endearment or affection, or even intelligibility...only tedious and juvenile neediness.

Have I missed something? Are these phrases part of some grand art installation that is exceptionally clever?

I'm open to different views. Before I give up reading (and contributing) to those threads, does anyone want to try to convince me that I've got it wrong?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, as

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is simple, they made their choice to use them, you make your choice if they wish to read them. If there was a rule here for no swearing or profanity then it would be different - there isn't, we have a deliberate small number of rules designed to remove conflict from discussion.

I take your point and respect your opinion but there is a line between individual sensitivity and censorship. I deplore censorship in any form, so I am afraid that has taken priority.

I find it a little odd that your fav bands use at least as much profanity and swearing on stage and on recordings. I suppose that is acceptable in the name of art.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, as

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:08 pm It is simple, they made their choice to use them, you make your choice if they wish to read them. If there was a rule here for no swearing or profanity then it would be different - there isn't, we have a deliberate small number of rules designed to remove conflict from discussion.

I take your point and respect your opinion but there is a line between individual sensitivity and censorship. I deplore censorship in any form, so I am afraid that has taken priority.
I'm not requesting censorship.

I will self-censor, if and when I feel the need.

I am asking for others' opinions.

I wouldn't like to give up on the threads, or the forum, without proper consideration.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

'Audiofool' is one I can take as a jest. But the others I regard as offensive language.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

Jonty2547
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Jonty2547 »

I avoid anything missi posts due to his language used. I could almost understand it if it was 1970, but it isn’t.
Probably puts off quite a few joining up and posting also.
TT- Thorens TD160B MKII with SME 3009, SL1210 and PL-71. Amps-NVA P50sa/A40's & Phono 1. CDP- Sony X555ES. Speakers-B&W 705 with LS1.
Headphone system Bushmaster II, Capella amp, Pi 3B+ with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro & Nighthawk cans.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Censorship would put off a lot more, everything is choice and compromise *if you wish to make it*.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Free speech is always tempered . Their are laws against certain speech, both criminal and civil.

The use of these laws or of prohibiting certain kinds of speech deos not amount to censorship.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We have broken no laws, or do you say different.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Savvy or DQ could be appointed as our censors if this is wanted, as I will not do it. I find it more distasteful than the words, the words are just words *it is YOU who interpret them*.

savvypaul
Great Britain

I'd like to hear more opinions...
I am in the hi-fi trade