Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, asshol

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Welder
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, as

Unread post by Welder »

Engypoos wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:25 am I don't really think anyone care what you think.
Although I am new here. But that's how it looks.
Sorry.
Make I larf. :mrgreen:
The evidence makes you wrong, but we won't worry about a small detail like reality. Sorry and all that old chap.
I know a troll when I see one.
I think I've probably done HFS a favor, albeit unintentional.
If I get banned for troll eradication then so be it. :whistle:
Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

Lurcher300b

Re: Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, as

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Seems to me (and I may be talking about posts that are past now, it may be that we have moved onto another level of chaos), that to declare "they are just words", does have merit, however given the nature of a forum where the only way we have to form communities based on the commonality of thoughts, feelings and opinions is by the exchange of words, then they become more important than in real life.

We are all of varying ability, skills and intellect, and I would hope that one of the measures of any community is how they behave towards a member who has issues, be they physical or mental. I would hope that most of us are evolved enough to accept a wide range of people. However that notwithstanding, I do not believe that the use of language we are considering here was the result of some mental, physical, or behavioral "tick", but a conscious attempt to provoke a response, or at least to see just how offensive it was possible to be and it be accepted (for whatever reason).

If this thread has resulted in a number of the people here finally expressing their dislike of the language, then if the reason was behavioral in nature, then a simple, sorry, but that's the way I am, would have sufficed, and we would know the state of play and I think we could have moved on happy that no mischief was intended. But the fact that he/she has just left, to me indicates that the intent was to wind us up for as long as possible, maybe as part of a big joke taking place somewhere else.

To go back to the "just words" position, I do find that a bit disingenuous as many of the posts here are in response to the words of others on other forums, and in fact those words are often used to form a cod diagnosis of mental health, so words clearly do matter.

Finally, to say that what has happened in this thread is a witch hunt, I think misses what such a thing is. A witch hunt is normally the result of one individual accusing another (or group) of some offense, and the rest of the community responding to drive that person out of the group (at the least) based on nothing other than the original accusers word, that's not the case here, we have all seen the verbal abuse and general piss taking that has gone on, and have responded with assorted responses, very much not what a witch hunt would involve.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Remember there are two different sets of people we are talking about, and here they are treated differently. Members we talk with, elsewhere we talk about.

Lurcher300b

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:38 am Remember there are two different sets of people we are talking about, and here they are treated differently. Members we talk with, elsewhere we talk about.
Yes, but in both cases we use words to do that.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Different reasons, different content, different context, different motivations. Talking to people is very different to talking about them, we may even interpret the words differently if we see agendas and motives.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well one is sitting on the naughty step and one has gone away sulking so does that now end this thread. Snakeoil will carry on their usual nonsense that is not even worth giving passing comment to.

Lurcher300b

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:03 pm Different reasons, different content, different context, different motivations. Talking to people is very different to talking about them, we may even interpret the words differently if we see agendas and motives.
You seem to be focusing on the shortest paragraph of the five I wrote.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes, that is what I wanted to comment on.

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

As I understand the laws on "hate speech", it is as bad to allow it to be on view (what others say), as it is to say it oneself.

Fine and up to 7 years in prison if convicted.

Perhaps DQ could expound on that point ?

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

If you read one part of the various statute , then the comments could be hate speech.

But the statute says no part of this law is intended to interfere with comment, criticism etc.

What you have is a poorly worded law that can be interpreted in a wide variety of contexts. It is thus dependant on those in power

Personally , i think it is best if this is considered a moral question as i have tremendous problems with the criminalisation of speech and thought.