Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, asshol

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Nigel
Wales

Re: Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, as

Unread post by Nigel »

I would also like to nominate Lurcher300b for brexit Secretary of state. I'm sure he could bring opposing factions together such is his wisdom! NB I own no equipment made by him and very much doubt I could ever afford to anyway. :)
Technics SL1210 (Timestep power supply, Mike New Bearing) Audio Origami RB300 / Dynavector DV10x5
Pioneer DVD300 / Topping E30 or AAAA5 cd player.
Audio Innovations Series 500
Heco Direkt Einklang
Headphones - Musical Fidelity A1 / AKG K1000

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, as

Unread post by savvypaul »

My opening post was to check if I was having a sense of humour failure. I'm no angel when it comes to swearing - hifi foo fight being a very obvious and public example - so it did sort of surprise me that I was feeling so fed up about his posts.

I haven't suggested that Missi should leave the forum. He has the ability to reply. So far, he has explained that his use of the word 'apes' was not as some of us, myself included, had interpreted. I accept that explanation at face value, and he accepted why it might have looked bad. If Missi wants to offer explanations for the use of other words such as niggah, poof, homoze, cocksuckers etc...I'm open to increasing my understanding.

'Prog Mastermen don't have to justify themselves' but grown adults normally don't mind doing so... ;)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Nothing missi has written here has offended me in any way. I know people who refer to their friends (including me) as cock suckers or worse. It means nothing if you really know the person using it. I dont know missi (obviously) but his language still doesn't bother me. If he called me cock sucker i would take it in the manner he obviously intends it and reply with something similar.

I joined audio abbatoir a while back, got called a c*nt and received all sorts of insults. Never bothered me in fact i went on more often :grin:

We're all different.
DIY FREE ZONE

joe
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by joe »

Engypoos wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:37 pm I think of someone associates the word 'ape' with black people when it clearly wasn't intended that way then it says rather more about that person than the original user.

Yes Wallasch... Some Ska - punky reggae groups were mixed race .
Punks broke down many racist barriers and indeed sexist barriers when it came to band members and attitudes. The original London punk scene was awash with West Indian culture .
Racism is evil. But seeing racism where it doesn't exist is equally heinous .
Believe it or not even hip-hop might have remained underground if it wasn't for the punk movement.
I see the member 'Andre' has been mentioned as having as extensive a knowledge of music as Wallesch !
Not true. For one point , Andre ( rare bird /Karney etc)
Only became interested in prog a long time after the event. Apart from being far too young .... Andre was given a collection of prog records lock stock and barrel well after progs death !
Until maybe 1980 he was completely ignorant.
A fact he will have no doubt forgot to mention.
I have to defend Wallesch here as I can assure you personally that his knowledge is in a different universe to the said Wikipedia merchant , Andre . Indeed a different universe to anyone one I've ever association with
Not as much as I know about Punk and new wave music obviously but still magnificently impressive .
Another important point. The said Andre , has
no sense of humour whatsoever. Please don't victimise someone for having a different sense of humour to yourselves. Especially when it's totally harmless and well meant.
Don't read Wallesch's stuff if you don't want to..... Some of us do though !
A post in blank verse!

keepitsimplestupid
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid »

I just skip his posts. It doesn't offend me but I see no value in it.

joe

Unread post by joe »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:09 pm BUT it seems your witch hunt has worked and you have driven him away, you want shame look to yourselves.
Get a grip FFS. He chose to flounce. These progmeisters are all prima donnas.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

WRONG, I have never seen a clearer version of a forum witch hunt in all my time on forums, read the thread. A flounce has different motivation, it is based on an argument with admin or forum admin / moderation.

A flounce is a positive action, leaving from a witch hut is a negative reaction.

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

The Progmasters posts are a constant increasing provocation! Fine like this! I'm sensible for racists, sexual discriminating, offending posts, but all Missy does, is to have a lot of fun with us all! And a lot of us have fun with him. So more a win-win-constellation. Nobody has been attacked personally. And for example the question, if we sort our record collection by race, is so ridiculous, that it can't be taken serious. So maybe a little bit of calming down would do a good job!

Engypoos

Unread post by Engypoos »

Looks like a typical case of the Old Boys Club sticking to their collective gang mentality and booting any change to the old comfy status quo out .
Theirs often a stick In the mud poisonous old boys bullying in a forum.
It's just insecurity.
'no alarms and no surprises please'

Jonty2547

Unread post by Jonty2547 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:37 pm WRONG, I have never seen a clearer version of a forum witch hunt in all my time on forums
Really? I assume you're not being serious?

If you really can't fathom out how his tone and language has caused this thread to exist then i'm kinda lost for words.
All he's done is push and push the boundaries to see what he can get away with (imo).
Posting the way he does is not normal in any way shape or form (unless of course one is mentally disadvantaged) and if thats the case, then some help is required.
TT- Thorens TD160B MKII with SME 3009, SL1210 and PL-71. Amps-NVA P50sa/A40's & Phono 1. CDP- Sony X555ES. Speakers-B&W 705 with LS1.
Headphone system Bushmaster II, Capella amp, Pi 3B+ with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro & Nighthawk cans.