Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, asshol

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Has thanked: 0
Canada

Re: Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, as

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

Jimmeh (that is a bad too - its against the Scots, roight? Loike Bruce is against the Ozzies.):

Anyways, Jimmeh, you gotta take "apes" off that list.

Blind Chile had no ideaur that The Specials had three (?) blacks in the group, till someone posted a piccy. (Sure the music is heavy into ska - wotever - but lots of all-white punk bands were incorporating that. Or ams I wrong. Engy?)

By using "apes" I meant they had the instrumental prowress of monkeys banging trash lids ; that the repetitive compositions were such as one could manage in a coma.

And if I call youse "apes" , I'm calling youse musical-taste-retarded (whoops!) , not thinking it in anyway that youse are black.

If you repine to such a degree, howbouts I call everyone "motherfoxers" and youse can call me "fatherlicker". (We all of us have/had fathers and mothers. Fine?)

Okay, Blind Chile has finished.
Prog mastermen do not have to justify themselves.

Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, as

Unread post by Fretless »

Humour is good, Missy.

Offending people isn't.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

montechristo358
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

I'm not even sure where the humour is in drenching you post so heavily in the style of some wannabe gangster its barely readable
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Blind chile its like arguing with a child.

Not mine hes developed his dads love of language.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

It's childish, and in my opinion, deliberately provocative.
One should not confuse free speech with being allowed to say whatever one likes. They are not the same thing.
It's easy to say "you don't have to read them," but when they are actually included in the titles of threads that is not always an option.
All that being said, it's not my forum, and it's not a democracy, nor should it be.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

setting son
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by setting son »

I'm for free speech and no censorship and, of course, offence is subjective. However, I find the use of that language here out of place (particularly in thread titles) and juvenile, as in for shock value.

Welder

Unread post by Welder »

I think many of you are missing the point.
It's no good having a go at Mississippi Blind Child Assburn, ADMIN EDIT - ad hominem removed, next time there will be a strike.
The point is HFS is prepared to provide a platform for this type of behavior.
Part of the justification is Mississippi Blind Child Assburn apparently extensive knowledge of progressive music.
Does anyone remember Andre who used to post on AoS. Now there was a man with extensive knowledge and it wasn't tainted by the ethnic origins of the musicians.
Another justification of providing a platform is the distaste of censorship. A point can be put across in many ways. Some of those who are most heavily censored manage to convey their messages without the use of the language favored by the subject.
What I find particularly interesting is the level of hypocrisy. It is okay to have a nominal troll here but should a possible shill, or troll be noticed on say AoS, it's derision, insults and ridicule.
Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:08 pm I find it a little odd that your fav bands use at least as much profanity and swearing on stage and on recordings. I suppose that is acceptable in the name of art.
I missed this edit, earlier.

Swearing, in itself, I have no problem with.

Swearing can be a positive energy and a skilful emphasis in phrasing, often humorous. On the other hand, it can be negative, juvenile, self-centred, hateful, depressing and entirely inappropriate.

Context and motivation are all-important.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

Unread post by CaterhamKev »

Personally, I don’t read any of the posts. I see no place for language like that on a HiFi forum.

Engypoos

Unread post by Engypoos »

I think of someone associates the word 'ape' with black people when it clearly wasn't intended that way then it says rather more about that person than the original user.

Yes Wallasch... Some Ska - punky reggae groups were mixed race .
Punks broke down many racist barriers and indeed sexist barriers when it came to band members and attitudes. The original London punk scene was awash with West Indian culture .
Racism is evil. But seeing racism where it doesn't exist is equally heinous .
Believe it or not even hip-hop might have remained underground if it wasn't for the punk movement.
I see the member 'Andre' has been mentioned as having as extensive a knowledge of music as Wallesch !
Not true. For one point , Andre ( rare bird /Karney etc)
Only became interested in prog a long time after the event. Apart from being far too young .... Andre was given a collection of prog records lock stock and barrel well after progs death !
Until maybe 1980 he was completely ignorant.
A fact he will have no doubt forgot to mention.
I have to defend Wallesch here as I can assure you personally that his knowledge is in a different universe to the said Wikipedia merchant , Andre . Indeed a different universe to anyone one I've ever association with
Not as much as I know about Punk and new wave music obviously but still magnificently impressive .
Another important point. The said Andre , has
no sense of humour whatsoever. Please don't victimise someone for having a different sense of humour to yourselves. Especially when it's totally harmless and well meant.
Don't read Wallesch's stuff if you don't want to..... Some of us do though !
Last edited by Engypoos on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.