British holidaymakers

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: British holidaymakers

Unread post by CN211276 »

Fretless wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:22 pm
Hannes-Gregor wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:40 pm And the best places to eat in your country in my opinion are Pubs and Indian Restaurants. Here we don't know lamb chop braised for hours in Port Wine, or such fine curries, that you don't get in that quality and taste in Germany.
Difficult to find a decent curry in The Netherlands as well (unless you visit me here). :grin:

The Brits who fill Amsterdam with beer-fuelled loutishness are a total embarrassment. Coming over in droves just to get pissed, stoned, laid and have a fight. That's a normal night out in Leeds - why can't they go there?
Reminds me of days long gone by :evil:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

kellerist
Hungary

Re: British holidaymakers

Unread post by kellerist »

CN211276 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:26 pm I do not go abroad in the summer, Torquay is fine. After retiring a year ago we went away for a month in the winter. Plan to do the same, perhaps for longer. I don't like the short days, wind and rain.
A little off, sorry. My daughter was there last summer in a language scool, and she loved it. Her host was a retired chef and his wife. We were afraid from the food, because my little darling is not a simple case. I hardly belived my ears when she told me that she is running home for dinner.