John Rackham

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
John Rackham
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John Rackham

Unread post by John Rackham »

Fretless wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 am Well - as the man at the top of the thread asks - Introduce yourself, what is your system and what are your interests in music, hifi, etc. ???

Join in and have some fun.
    Excellent idea. Having trouble navigating as the forum is new to me. Which section should I pose this in please?

Fretless
    Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Seeing as this thread is all about you - why don't you put it here?

Or in the 'Introduce yourselves' thread :
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44765&hilit=introdu ... start=1020

Upstairs:
    Vinyl
    Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
    DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
    NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
    Downstairs:
    Vinyl
    Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
    DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
    NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
    HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
    Office:
    Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
    Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
    Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

valvesRus
    Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Eric Shun wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:13 pm And another pirate reference too! More puppets than an episode of The Muppets :)
    I did not understand the "pirate" reference till I Googled "John Rackham". :lol:

Lindsayt
    Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Eric Shun wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:13 pm And another pirate reference too! More puppets than an episode of The Muppets :)
    I learnt to read on Ladybird and Tintin books.

Lindsayt
    Nauru

Fretless wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 am Well - as the man at the top of the thread asks - Introduce yourself, what is your system and what are your interests in music, hifi, etc. ???

John Rackham, feel free to say as much or as little about yourself, your interests and your hi-fi as you like. You would be quite entitled to take the point the point of view that we should mind our own business - if you wish. Or you can give us War and Peace on your life if you wish.

This is not AoS where Marco expects / encourages new members to reveal personal information.

I never made any introductory posts about myself when I joined this nor any other forum.

John Rackham

Lindsayt wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:38 pm

John Rackham, feel free to say as much or as little about yourself, your interests and your hi-fi as you like. You would be quite entitled to take the point the point of view that we should mind our own business - if you wish. Or you can give us War and Peace on your life if you wish.

This is not AoS where Marco expects / encourages new members to reveal personal information.

I never made any introductory posts about myself when I joined this nor any other forum.
    Please see my attempt to introduce myself here -

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44765&start=1020

kellerist
    Hungary

Unread post by kellerist »

That's what I call a proper welcome party!

:doh:

Lindsayt
    Nauru

John Rackham wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:47 pm
    Please see my attempt to introduce myself here -

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44765&start=1020
    Thanks. My previous post was a couple of hours behind the times. :oops: I'll leave it up as a general comment on introductory posts.

Do you have any plans to change your main system, or do you feel that you've reached your final destination in terms of Hi-fi equipment?

John Rackham

Lindsayt wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:33 pm
    Do you have any plans to change your main system, or do you feel that you've reached your final destination in terms of Hi-fi equipment?
    I no longer feel the need to swap in my main system so most of it is pretty much fixed. The areas of further experimentation will come from cartridges and SUT etc.

My other systems are for playing around with if I feel like a change.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Because of the pirate associations, and we always give people with real names a shortened or slang / fun name when referring to them. I picked up the habit playing cricket, everyone has a nickname. Mine in the 1970's was Dastardley after Dick Dastardley or later Dunny, another way of creating a nickname just put a y on it. Anyway I went to Oz for a month and played some cricket while out there in 1990, they asked me what to call me I said my nickname was Dunny, they all pissed themselves laughing, it seems a Dunny is an outside toilet :lol:

Sooo I have decided you are Calico Jack or just calico or jack, enjoy your nickname we will see if it fits. Will we have a Pirate who hates us at Wigwam and a Pirate who loves us here - we will see. :think:

:epopc: