New Brexit Poll

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

New Brexit Poll

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/223729/

I signed it, not for the reasons given, as all politics is corrupt, it would come as a surprise if it wasn't. I just think there is a deadlock that needs to be broken and I can see no other way.

This petition will not win but it may force a new vote or a general election with Brexit as the focal point.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: New Brexit Poll

Unread post by CN211276 »

I signed it a few days ago and posted it on Facebook.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

I think you are stupid signing this. Can only lead to more division. If it narrowly went other way do you think we should have best of three? We can't return to the situation pre the Brexit vote. Unless the politicians are even bigger idiots than I think some compromise will be arrived at. Problem is the Irish at moment and they need to realise we will survive no deal and their economy will be screwed. Spouting crap about no fly zones now - crazy political bullshit that won't be allowed to happen one way or the other.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

We cannot go on with what is happening, and it will get worse unless we settle it now. Only way is a new vote, and hopefully a clearer result that no one can argue with. OR a general election where candidate run on either an in or out ticket, no matter what party, and the electorate can decide if that is the most important thing. Maybe the end of politics as we know it, now fought by the "in" v "out" parties?

Classicrock
Great Britain

I'm sorry I don't agree. The original vote and voters have to be respected. Do you expect anyone but the extreme fanatics at each end of the argument would even bother to vote again. Many will decide voting has no point. I believe you didn't vote so that I assume was your previous position. Result would be Corbyn making a bigger mess. Sooner have Trump running the country. Like all these things there is brinkmanship until the last moment. Frankly the way the EU Bureaucrats have behaved reinforces the original decision for me. I blame the UK press especially the BBC for putting all the focus on the government. A lot of compromises already made by UK and some need to be made by the EU. Anyway the important bills have been passed now and good luck finding a majority in parliament who would reverse them. It's make a deal or bust now!

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

It's bust...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Whichever way people voted too many of them fell for the pack of lies told by those who wanted to leave or stay for their own reasons, which ultimately had nothing to do with the good of the country. Now the politicians have shown us the dog's breakfast they've made of Brexit, and at least some of the larger lies have been exposed, people should be allowed to vote on the facts.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Classicrock
Great Britain

slinger wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:01 pm Whichever way people voted too many of them fell for the pack of lies told by those who wanted to leave or stay for their own reasons, which ultimately had nothing to do with the good of the country. Now the politicians have shown us the dog's breakfast they've made of Brexit, and at least some of the larger lies have been exposed, people should be allowed to vote on the facts.
You would get a repeat of the lies on both sides. Frankly I believe most people had made up their minds before the campaign and all the bluster actually made little difference overall.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Classicrock wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:16 pm
slinger wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:01 pm Whichever way people voted too many of them fell for the pack of lies told by those who wanted to leave or stay for their own reasons, which ultimately had nothing to do with the good of the country. Now the politicians have shown us the dog's breakfast they've made of Brexit, and at least some of the larger lies have been exposed, people should be allowed to vote on the facts.
You would get a repeat of the lies on both sides. Frankly I believe most people had made up their minds before the campaign and all the bluster actually made little difference overall.
Spot on!
This is simply yet another bid by the remoaners to derail the whole process.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist »

“The original vote and voters have to be respected.”

It is clear now that the brexit voting was manipulated by the Russians, just as the US election. It is their prime interest to divide the west. It has to be respected?
There is nothing we can do about the white trash that elected the american idiot, but respect...
And the brexit. The british robbed the world for centuries. I can imagine that it’s hard to some that now you have to give something if you want to take something, but you should get used to it, sorry. You will lose with the isolation, but there are many politicians who think that the worser the better, at least for them. I know what I’m talking about, I’m Hungarian :lol: