A change is as good as a rest

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
karatestu
Great Britain

Re: A change is as good as a rest

Unread post by karatestu »

I just have not the time, energy or inclination to be reading and/or contributing to muliple forums anymore. What a waste of my time. I decided to pick one and it is hfs without a doubt.

If someone puts together a really musical system for peanuts i will applaud them and be envious of how much less they paid than me. The complete opposite of those fine fellows at AOS. Lindsay T has my admiration for that reason. The doc finds brilliant little musical bargains, i really dont know how he does it (PL71, £4.64 dac and £30 psu,, eclipse cdp, sony cdp etc etc)

My little Cambridge audio cd5 is doing amazing things with my ap20. It was only a hundred and odd quid new from richer sounds back in the early 2000's. Dont know what they fetch 2nd hand now but mine is staying put.
DIY FREE ZONE

Karnevil9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Karnevil9 »

karatestu wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:58 pm I just have not the time, energy or inclination to be reading and/or contributing to muliple forums anymore. What a waste of my time. I decided to pick one and it is hfs without a doubt.

If someone puts together a really musical system for peanuts i will applaud them and be envious of how much less they paid than me. The complete opposite of those fine fellows at AOS. Lindsay T has my admiration for that reason. The doc finds brilliant little musical bargains, i really dont know how he does it (PL71, £4.64 dac and £30 psu,, eclipse cdp, sony cdp etc etc)
Same old crap on forums Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. Some amazing old gear out there for penuts, a lot under the radar.. My CD player is 32 years old, all its had is a couple of caps changed, the mech cleaned + lubricated & a new belts.. I go out of my way to do things in totally the opposite way to what Hi-Fi nerds do it Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa little sheepies.

karatestu
Great Britain

I need to change my username. My son and I have given up the karate. Lost all interest in it after son had an opration and had to have a month off. Need to think of a new username. How about tomtomstu or bassdrumstu or cowpoostu ? Answers on the back of a postcard please to cowpataudio.

On a related note, me and the lad have started drum lessons. The lad is a true beginner whereas i have been round the block for the last 30 years. I am learning to sight read and ironing out a few technical things.
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Stay as you are a name is not important.

karatestu
Great Britain

Ey up Doc. It was said in jest anyway, a bit of fun to come up with an amusing name. Cowpoostu is my fave so far -all because it rhymes :grin:

One of my neighbours (only have four of the buggers) needs a visit by the music police. Got my window open and i can hear the biggest bag of shite being played - modern shite probably classed as RnB or some other bollocks. What it has to do with rhythm and blues i will never know :Bllocks:
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

See trees destroyed to make speakers

See furniture butchered into amplifier cases

Chainsawstu the ultimate hi-fi horror movie.

karatestu
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:24 pm Image

See trees destroyed to make speakers

See furniture butchered into amplifier cases

Chainsawstu the ultimate hi-fi horror movie.
Ha ha, very good :lol: Currently thinking of lots of interesting things to put audio replay equipment in to. :roll:

Been watching (and listening) to john henry bonham (moby dick) at Earles court 1975 and seattle 1977. My drumming hero, fecking awesome. I can only dream of having such skills. If he was alive today i would kiss the man. Such a way to play the instrument, i learned to play playing along to zep and here he is still inspiring me to improve 30 years later. God bless JHB
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

:dance: Got my mojo back :dance:
DIY FREE ZONE

wiicrackpot
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

karatestu wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:10 am :dance: Got my mojo back :dance:
Hooray....back chopping wood with your barehands again. :guiness;

As for the name change, personally i think WuShuStu sounds way better than that jap crap. :mrgreen:
Frank...made me do it.

karatestu
Great Britain

wiicrackpot wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:33 am
karatestu wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:10 am :dance: Got my mojo back :dance:
Hooray....back chopping wood with your barehands again. :guiness;

As for the name change, personally i think WuShuStu sounds way better than that jap crap. :mrgreen:
Hey there :grin: Expect the forum to be filled with my diy nonsense again. Makes a change to reading about prog :roll:

WuShuStu ????????
DIY FREE ZONE