A change is as good as a rest

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Karnevil9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A change is as good as a rest

Unread post by Karnevil9 »

See Hi-Fi is one of the most stoopid Hobbies ever imho. You like to hear music how you enjoy listening & how you want it to sound, Not how people say it should sound. On that note the whole Forum discussion, Arguments BS means nothing to me. Ive heard a few peoples supposid brilliant system only to hear utter rubbish to my Ears but thats my ears..

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

This seems to be the only forum which is not dominated by compulsive box swappers who are more interested in the equipment than the music.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

CN211276 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:42 am This seems to be the only forum which is not dominated by compulsive box swappers who are more interested in the equipment than the music.
I have done a fair bit of swapping about but none of my stuff is in boxes :lol: (except the speakers). I want to get to a point where I can box it all up in an aesthetically pleasing manner and enjoy it for the rest of my life i.e that will be it, job done :guiness;
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

karatestu wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:15 pm
CN211276 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:42 am This seems to be the only forum which is not dominated by compulsive box swappers who are more interested in the equipment than the music.
I have done a fair bit of swapping about but none of my stuff is in boxes :lol: (except the speakers). I want to get to a point where I can box it all up in an aesthetically pleasing manner and enjoy it for the rest of my life i.e that will be it, job done :guiness;
It is obvious that you are more into the music than the equipment. :) On other forums it is the other way round, resulting in changing equipment and moving sideways.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

CN211276 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:51 pm
karatestu wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:15 pm
It is obvious that you are more into the music than the equipment. :) On other forums it is the other way round, resulting in changing equipment and moving sideways.
I like to think so. It always was about the music for me. I searched for ways of improving my system to make it more like real music but got lost on the way. Til i found hfs that is.

Tell you what would be cool. A family full of musicians who could play their own music for entertainment - as musical as it gets :grin: Just thinking now what my wife and two kids could learn to play :lol:

Playing music yourself (and being part of a group) not only makes music as an end product that you get to hear whilst it is being played, but you also get to be the master of your own instruments destiny. Once you get to a good level of musicianship and others in the group also are at that standard then it really is one of the best feelings in the world. And if others who are watching like it and are moved by it then that really is the icing on the cake.

I have a video on youtube of my version of moby dick that i might link to on here if i am feeling brave. I am definitely not a patch on John Bonham but i think i do have some talent.
DIY FREE ZONE

Karnevil9

If people did not listen to others who have this compulsion to do things by the 'You Must Do It This Way' route there would not be as much box swapping imho..

BrandonMarlow

Unread post by BrandonMarlow »

karatestu wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:14 pm I am done with hifi forums, except this one of course. I really cant be bothered with them anymore. Apart from this one i am not going to bother even looking at the others. I haven't even looked here for a little while. It has been refreshing to be honest but i have missed hfs a bit.
I understand what you mean. It is all about the music for me and the HiFi stuff is what makes it come alive.

I had a NAD system of 15 years this time two years ago, bought in 30 minutes with a redundancy package, and I started fiddling around and swapping stuff and now, I have the sound that pleases me - I say wow! quite a lot - it just impresses me.

So, now to the real business of enjoying the music without being pi**sed off about the sibilance or the lack or midrange (or whatever).

Most of that time I was on AoS. I actually wrote to Marco and asked to be removed. I am not sure about the "rivalry" or whatever it is that is going on between that site and that one, but I found AoS to be pretty snobby. I left because a friend's system was belittled quite badly. My mate is on a low salary and he loves his music but to have a post that said basically "replace the whole lot" goes a bit far. The last straw was worse than that but I'll leave it there.

I will stick around here and see how it goes.

Karnevil9

What i hate about Hi-Fi forums is basically down to the pratz that post on it. Not doing it their way, Not spending ludicrous amounts of money on Equipment etc making the genuine guy that just like a good sound feel like shit & not worth in the process is what really hack me off.

BrandonMarlow

Unread post by BrandonMarlow »

That gets to me too. Not all people are pratz though.

Karnevil9

No not all people obviously.