Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Brexit

Unread post by CN211276 »

If Brexit take s place, God forbid, it could be the opposite. My step daughter has moved to Ireland, with a good job, and is considering applying for citizenship.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There will be more and fun and games and similar examples on both sides. In reality none of us knows nought, as the song goes "what ever will be will be" depending on your view which have become so polarised that we either face a cliff edge or sunny uplands, both are bullshit. I will live with either of them, but for me this present jobby is stooopid and compromised, it is worse than both the extremes. For me now it has become simple in or out and that need a new vote. If that happens odds on we stay in and that is what the EU Brussels egos are hoping for so are keeping quiet about it. I seriously don't care which, we just need to do one or the other. I will make and sell music makers no matter which one happens.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I think the end result has to be a compromise if we are going to move on from being polarised / divided.

May's deal looks a lot like what I would have come up with in her position, given the realities of everything that has happened in the past 3 years.

No-one wins, no-one loses (too badly).
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We all lose with this one. We become servants. All it gains us is losing freedom of movement, but that freedom will happen anyway as without it we will have a serious problem as we would have had in the Victorian times without the Irish.

I have one working for me part time freelance and do you seriously think I would swop him for anything out of the South London Council estates, well think again. The guy is a gem *because* he is motivated by being an eastern European immigrant with his family who wants a good future and is willing to commit and work for it, and has the intelligence and skill to do it. More of them the better as far as I am concerned, it is our British workers with their union backing who are the threat not the immigrants. Brexit - the worst disaster, not for me, the worst disaster is the unions taking over again with the backing of a left wing labour gov. Just like the 70's a feckin disaster will ensue.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I think we will have much the same levels of immigration, whatever happens with Brexit. I love multiculturalism, so I would rather keep FOM.

Unions are no threat to our prosperity. Look at Germany; partnership between company and workers.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We don't have their system, they are a partnership, but the British tradition is conflict, they don't see themselves as partners but as class enemies - pathetic, just watch given a chance the stooopidity will happen all over again, "what comes around goes around".

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

AND what will inevitably follow it will be another Thatcher, Yang always follows Yin.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

How Brussels describes itself to the Italian people.

"We are not a machine made up of insensitive bureaucrats, imposing austerity and denying democracy."

Where as the truth is the opposite remove the word "not" for the truth.

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

"We are not a machine made up of insensitive bureaucrats, imposing austerity and denying democracy."
Sounds a lot like the Uk Government for the last five years or so. So not sure what people expect to change.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Watching EU plans for no deal it is obvious if we don't want to be part of the club we have to just leave, only then will they negotiate to stop the damage being done to them. We will have problems for a short while until everyone realises they have to work with us or they are hurt as well. So why is no deal always referred to as crashing out. If someone leaves a club you don't crash out, you just leave. The big problem for the EU is Ireland as with no deal we pass the problem to them, well feck them, especially the S Irish Gov who have been playing games hand over fist to try and manipulate a United Ireland. I support a United Ireland but I hate games and deceit far more, so feck them, let them sort it out, we just leave the border open. People don't realise SI is not in Schengen same as us, SI peoples have freedom of travel and work in UK and always have - it is all so much game playing, and we should have pointed to it, as that is what has fecked up a deal being made.

I would still prefer a new vote, I find this nonsense about a new vote not being democratic is just not true, if so then this last vote was not democratic as we had one in 1975, so we need a new one now. Personally as said I really don't care if we are in or out. I am VERY happy to get rid of Brussels but not happy losing the close link with other EU countries, we are part of Europe even though throughout our history we have been semi-detached.

I see the EU Brussels nonsense as just like Hitler and Napoleon, just no war involved but the same aims and the same consequences. We fought that, we should fight this. We should just fight our enemy not the rest Europe until hopefully they come to their senses and stop trying to create a forced EU state, it will become a dictatorship of slurp and self interest, no one will be better off. And the Germans win the 3rd World War without fighting it or even wanting to win it.